• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    If MD really really wanted to postpone the inevitable, they would fix it and postpone the lawsuit. Supreme Court takes edge cases. Right now, NYC , HI, and NJ are the edge cases. NYC case on transport is being heard. Soon, MD will be the edge case.

The reason is simple. Frosh is an egotistical narcissist who believes he knows the law better than the SOTUS. He believes he can win any case including anything the SCOTUS throws at him.

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    There would be blood in the streets! would be lookin like the old wild west out here!! can't have that...look at all the blood in the streets in other states.../sarcasm

The reason is simple. Frosh is an egotistical narcissist who believes he knows the law better than the SOTUS. He believes he can win any case including anything the SCOTUS throws at him.

And I can easily see Frosh and the MGA ignoring a SCOTUS ruling ordering SHALL ISSUE to Maryland. Obviously they would be forced to comply, but they could delay it for quite a while..

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    And I can easily see Frosh and the MGA ignoring a SCOTUS ruling ordering SHALL ISSUE to Maryland. Obviously they would be forced to comply, but they could delay it for quite a while..

DC dragged there feet for a long time and still putting up little roadblocks for those trying to get one hoping that most will just give up .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Frosh recommended the DC not appeal to the Supreme Court, with good (and Substantial,lol) reason.

Md permit scheme will be struck down, it's only a matter of time. DC will probably be allowed to get away with 16hrs or training and other ********, for a while, but after the opinion Any New York State rifle and pistol next year, do you see will be forced to it here to a more objective standard. 16 hours of training is impossible to justify based on public safety.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I still can't believe how DC blew past us and allowed handgun permits without reasoning, but Maryland still bawking at it

I think it's worth mentioning that "DC" didn't do anything. On the contrary, they did everything they could to prevent it from coming to pass (shy of appealing at the final step, because Frosh offered who knows what back-scratching to make them not get smacked down in the SCOTUS, too). It wasn't that DC came to their senses faster than Maryland did, it's that an opportunity for a solid court case aligned with the rest of the circumstances and resources, and they were forced to change their ways. I'm hoping the same will happen in Maryland, and nation-wide, for that matter. Because that's what's going to give us relief here, just like in DC.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Meanwhile MD would be Constitutional carry. A Right delayed is a Right denied.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I still can't believe how DC blew past us and allowed handgun permits without reasoning, but Maryland still bawking at it

I was shocked when Illinois fell. Apoplectic when DC did so. Every state under the 4th Circuit is shall issue...except MD. Hard to fathom why other than justice in our case is truly blind.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Perhaps Maryland will be the case that drives the wooden stake into the heart of the anti gun undead for all time and in future the case of Maryland Shall Issue vs Maryland will be cited in all the history books like:
    Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393
    Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483
    Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113
    Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347
    Miranda v. Arizona, 384 U.S. 436
    District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570
    McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 742

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Perhaps Maryland will be the case that drives the wooden stake into the heart of the anti gun undead for all time and in future the case of Maryland Shall Issue vs Maryland will be cited in all the history books like:
    Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393
    Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483
    Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113
    Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347
    Miranda v. Arizona, 384 U.S. 436
    District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570
    McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 742

That'd be true Karma.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    He is probably more in tune with his constituents. Residents are actually ok with this. Every person I talk to lib or conservative would be fine with this. Its our old-time establishment overlords like Frosh who aren't.

Back of the envelope, New York State case will be heard in Oct and opinion out Jan or Feb. Some 5-4 decisions take longer but with Kennedy gone I doubt there will be much wrangling. Which means, SCT will have more than likely issued an opinion before the next legislative session.[/QUOTE]

I've kind of been curious about this myself. Normally a "landmark" 2A case would be released on the last day of the term even if it were heard early in the term. But this case may slip a little more under the radar since it's fighting a law that even the libs wouldn't lose sleep over. Then there's other SCOTUS cases next term that may eclipse this one.
    I do agree a decent chance this gets released before the last day of the term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom