• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Watching hearing again. Antis stated board has overturned MSP by granting permits to those that are prohibited.
    Missed that part. For new people reading, "prohibited" means that you can't legally own a firearm. If there are people applying for carry permits that can't possess a firearm, you can bet that they will be arrested if they are found with one. No way would they be in a position to appeal a rejection of a carry permit for a firearm if they aren't legally allowed to possess a firearm.

And this is a big point made repeatedly in testimony, the vast majority that apply that the state of Maryland has already background checked to be able to possess a handgun - don't want to break the law - they are fearful of breaking the law. Moreover, as pointed out in testimony, the rate of crime by permitted carry holders in the US is less than even police officers.

Someone already prohibited from carrying a gun that has an illegally held firearm isn't going to bother with asking the police licensing division for permission to carry it, within restrictions, lol. Too much work, and likely to get them jailed.

Thus, regarding those pushing this bill, if they claim that the HPRB is allowing prohibited people to carry, they're lying.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Why did no one introduce a bill this year to eliminate restrictions or repeal the criminalization?

Probably wouldn't have gone anywhere but at least they would have been forced to hold a hearing on the topic.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ed
    I watched you last night online and you really give some OUTSTANDING testimony and bring forth all the games that MSP loves to play but of course that is probably no surprise to
    the majority of the demoRATS on the board. Some of them left early I bet because they did not want to hear what the little people had to say in the matter...

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Missed that part. For new people reading, "prohibited" means that you can't legally own a firearm. If there are people applying for carry permits that can't possess a firearm, you can bet that they will be arrested if they are found with one. No way would they be in a position to appeal a rejection of a carry permit for a firearm if they aren't legally allowed to possess a firearm.

And this is a big point made repeatedly in testimony, the vast majority that apply that the state of Maryland has already background checked to be able to possess a handgun - don't want to break the law - they are fearful of breaking the law. Moreover, as pointed out in testimony, the rate of crime by permitted carry holders in the US is less than even police officers.

Someone already prohibited from carrying a gun that has an illegally held firearm isn't going to bother with asking the police licensing division for permission to carry it, within restrictions, lol. Too much work, and likely to get them jailed.

Thus, regarding those pushing this bill, if they claim that the HPRB is allowing prohibited people to carry, they're lying.

Lying is too strong of a word. They just spoke to soon. If they get there way we all will be prohibited.

/Sarcasm

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Did it translate onto video the visceral hate Jumpin' Jen has for the board?

I think my favorite line of the evening was when Del Grammer asked her what the actual problem was that this bill was trying to solve. Of course she couldn't be honest and admit that more law abiding Marylanders carrying handguns more often IS her big problem she had to act like she had a huge hard on for the backlog.

My buddy Finnessy picked up on this and commented on how remarkable it was that the head of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Ownership was concerned about the amount of time it took his students to get their permits.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    :sad20::sad20::sad20: From my state Senator :

"I appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns regarding eliminating the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board (SB1000).

I support an individual’s right to own guns as well as Maryland’s requirements for background checks and registration of gun owners. As a cosponsor of SB1000, I support moving gun permit appeals to the Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH). OAH is an impartial government entity that hears appeals regarding all Maryland agencies and policies.

On March 8th, the Executive Nominations and Judicial Proceedings Committees held a joint hearing on SB1000. The Senate Committees will be voting on the bill in separate sessions at a future date. On March 12th, House Judiciary Committee heard the House version of the bill HB 1343.

I appreciate that you contacted my office regarding this issue, our office could not function without engaged citizens like yourself.

Thank you,

Senator Ronald Young
    District 3 – Frederick County"

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It's a happening thing, no doubt in my mind.

I'm going to inquire as to why my case has not been heard yet.

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis

"I appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns regarding eliminating the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board (SB1000).

I support an individual’s right to own guns as well as Maryland’s requirements for background checks and registration of gun owners. As a cosponsor of SB1000, I support moving gun permit appeals to the Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH). OAH is an impartial government entity that hears appeals regarding all Maryland agencies and policies.

On March 8th, the Executive Nominations and Judicial Proceedings Committees held a joint hearing on SB1000. The Senate Committees will be voting on the bill in separate sessions at a future date. On March 12th, House Judiciary Committee heard the House version of the bill HB 1343.

I appreciate that you contacted my office regarding this issue, our office could not function without engaged citizens like yourself.

Thank you,

Senator Ronald Young

Translation: "I don't like the idea of civilian oversight and I want to further inconvenience, discourage, and financially burden people who take a proactive approach to their individual safety."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

It could also have been brought up that this ploy has been tried with the board several times, and the MSP denial has always been consistently upheld by the Board.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Thank you,

Senator Ronald Young

My ass...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I thought this guy's head was going to explode, sitting next to all those 'gun nuts'

"there are too many guns out there already"

"I'd rather trust the police"

:sad20:

gun nutz.JPG

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The "assault" video made it to Ammoland today. Video has PP logo and MDS got a shoutout:

Former Maryland Permit Review Board Member Physically Dragged from Hearing ~ VIDEO
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/fo...board-member-physically-dragged-from-hearing/
    U.S.A. -(Ammoland.com)- On 8 March, 2019, joint hearings were being held on SB1000, a bill that would effectively abolish the appeals process to the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB). The sponsors of SB1000 are all Democrats.

A former member of the HPRB wished to testify about claimed inaccuracies about the Board that was printed in a Baltimore Sun editorial. The joint committee only allowed one minute for comments. It was not enough for Shari Judah to finish her comments. She refused to give up the microphone when asked to do so. From mdshooters.com...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom