• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/dicks-sporting-goods-sales-hit-by-tougher-stance-on-guns-1543430357

Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. DKS 2.56% is paying a price for its decision earlier this year to stop selling guns to people under 21 as sales continued to sag in its latest quarter.

Sales at existing stores and websites fell 3.9% for the three-month period ended Nov. 3., driven down by weakness in the company’s hunting and electronics departments, executives said on a conference call with analysts on Wednesday. Those categories accounted for over half of the decline. Weak gun sales also hit other areas like outdoor equipment because fewer hunters are coming to stores, said Lee Belitsky, chief financial officer at Dick’s. It was the chain’s fifth consecutive quarter of sales declines.

Dick-in Chief CEO Stack comes from the customer is always wrong department.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Im guess anti-fa isn't really supporters.

Masks have a small profit margin. :innocent0

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    They’re running a pilot program now where they pulled almost all hunting related product out of 10 of their 732 stores. I’m guessing that they’re destined to be out of the firearms and hunting products market entirely before too long.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    They’re running a pilot program now where they pulled almost all hunting related product out of 10 of their 732 stores. I’m guessing that they’re destined to be out of the firearms and hunting products market entirely before too long.

Yes, they are trying the "sell the same products as everyone else only at a higher price and piss of our customers while we are at it" business model.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Dropping outdoor sports will make them nothing more than the basic Walmart. Then the speed they circle the drain will increase.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Any company who destroys inventory instead of selling it deserves to fail. Wonder where CEO Edward Stack went to business school?

I haven't been in one of their stores since the anti-gun dust up. Yesterday I wanted to buy 4 Leatherman tools for Christmas gifts, could have easily went to their store and bought them but decided to go the Amazon route instead. And I didn't even have to leave the house.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Sports Authority model to succeed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    He said "hunters" probably because he thinks it's just crazy that anyone would want to own or shoot a firearm for any other purpose. In other words, the loss of revenue in "outdoors" was due to all firearm owners passing up Dicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom