• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Proprietor/ employee of a "legal" weed establishment dosen't necessarily consume the product . Not every owner of a liquor store is a drinker .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    A thought crossed my mind this afternoon as I was driving past the pot shop in Edgewater. Can the owner of such a shop get a CCW License?
    I read somewhere (cannot find link) that the commission is "worried" about employees operating equipment, etc. under the influence, no decision has been made. As in AACOs gun violence task force, the panel/commission is made up of people completely out of touch with being able to make a fair unbiased decision on how to implement, well I'll use a broad-stroke here, Any damn thing. They are Dr.s and Lawyers trying to make a divisive plan for farming for instance. One can imagine how this is going. To give an answer hitwtom, I would guess at this point the MM Card is the only flag they look for so, purchasing and, I would guess, a card would not be issued to a ccw holder or vice versa.

One problem with MDs application/approval process is the fact they are wanting to know every single process/method/outcome for every single daily function of the business, be it grow facility or processing center (dispensary). Please take this as hearsay unless I post a link, I have more examples but am out of coffee ....

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Also what about security for the grows and how it is transported to the stores as well ?? I read somewhere that they use an armored truck or van under heavy guard to make deliveries and that includes AR-15's as well. Hmm business permit because so much cash is being transported almost daily to the bank and by the owners as well. Heck the chief of police of Handcock,, MD retired to be head of security for one of the growers in western MD. He knew where the money was at and in this case its legal as well ok ok semi legal ..

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    If you hold a Government Security Clearance(Is there any other kind?) You CANNOT purchase STOCK from a MM enterprise. You CANNOT invest in a fund that has MM stock in it.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Short version ... Fedex. This is widely used but the DRs and Attorneys in charge of farming are worried about growers picking up infants (under 8") and traveling through non-legal states so they want seeds only which adds another expensive step. I hear FEDEX will ship plants ... no worries (CA info)

The initial permits were given to high profile sons o'bithces whoops, I mean people. ... and minority groups, 16 I believe, are suing the commission since they doled out permits and did not include a single minority. This has caused the permit process to be crazy involved! To get points to aid in approval the company should be 51% owned by an African American, American Indian or women with more points for a similar workforce. They recently extended to application two weeks because almost none were correct. Some applications are over 4,000 pages. I don't yet want to mention the $$$$$ per day the processing centers are bringing in, maybe someone else will chime in. I am shocked! Not enough product to sell is holding these numbers down.

"Glenn praised the commission, the Attorney General’s office and black caucus for devising a process that should add more minority- and women-owned companies to an industry that recorded nearly $50 million in sales for the first three months of this year, four times more than in the same period in 2018, when many dispensaries weren’t open yet."
    I can't find the link for this, probably mjbizdaily.com The Math: 31 processing centers dividing $50 million is over $1.5 million ea ..... in 3 months ... AR-15s for everyone :)

There are some things I will not repeat as well. All legal. I will inquire as to security soon. Job applications anyone?

Parting comment: Group buy?

Feb 17, 2017
    Hey All,

There are a lot of grey areas in terms of legal language within Maryland as it relates to medical cannabis, MSP, MD medical cannabis commission and firearms.

The MMCC will NOT remove or exponge your information from the database even if you "opt out" of the medical marijuana (MM) program.
    When you opt out, your patient ID # becomes invalid, your MM card becomes invalid as does your doctor's MM certifcation.

The MMCC will simply state that you're "inactive". However, they will still attach a valid expiration date to your registry. In some cases that can be 3-4 years.

Now, imagine you enjoy duck hunting or want to excercise your 2A right to protect your family. If you want a handgun, the MSP will access the MD state health department records and see your registry in the MMCC. Even though all the supporting documentation is not valid, and you have ZERO ability to aquire MM, they see "inactive" and "not expired" and will in fact deny your application. Rifle or shotugun I dont know. What does the Fed check via the ATF 4473 form and NCIC?

I like to hear some opinion or facts about that.

I know cannabis still Schedule 1 at the Fed level (which is laughable) but MM is now a state regulated medicine in most of the country and should be no different than Amoxicillian or Tylenol 3 in regards to access, HIPPA and privacy.

I did my own research and called MSP to discuss. A represenative actually told me that hypothetically a person in that scenerio (above) would have to sign an affedavit stating that the individual has not used cannabis in over a year from the expiration date of the MMCC registration. So if the current ex. date is 2022, an induvdual would have to wait until 2023 to submit said affedavit to MSP and then apply for the handgun. LOL...MSP are now determining when/how and what medicine you take in regards to owning a firearm.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As much as we love to hate the MSP LD , most of that isn't on them , but on the Federal Gov't .

The potential new data point from your inquiries is the setting of 1yr w/o using after expiration of MM card . Is that an actual Policy , given to you in writing , or just random Trooper making stuff up on the fly . Previous rumors had included up to 3yrs .

Feb 17, 2017
    Def on the fly. No language in writing from MSP or MMCC in that regard. Certainly not when signing up nor was any 2A issue laid out either.

The whole thing rolled out as a giant CF and nobody knew what they were doing. Now it seems good citizens are being tagged like sharks.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you hold a Government Security Clearance(Is there any other kind?) You CANNOT purchase STOCK from a MM enterprise. You CANNOT invest in a fund that has MM stock in it.

Link or reference please. Or is it the whole illegal activity questions.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It's so exciting to read the ramblings of all the Statists here who LOVE an overbearing and overreaching government lording over them.

It's amazing some of you are able to get out of bed, put two feet on the ground and go about your daily life without constant rules and regulations guiding your day. I chose to LIVE, fvck a bunch of nonsense dictating the details for me.

Make the REST of the purely recreational drugs illegal and you'll see people's heads explode.

Last edited:

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Not true at all. I have a gov't clearance and have MJ stocks in my portfolio.

Was just going to say - this is 100% incorrect, not sure where they're getting this information.

Now, if you hold a clearance, you can't partake still, as obviously most with clearances usually work directly / tangentially to the fedspace. SWIM got an email from their employer (gov sub) that stated despite the law changes, they are still governed by federal law and as such, employees are not to partake / attempt to circumvent this instruction.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    It's so exciting to read the ramblings of all the Statists here who LOVE an overbearing and overreaching government lording over them.

It's amazing some of you are able to get out of bed, put two feet on the ground and go about your daily life without constant rules and regulations guiding your day. I chose to LIVE, fvck a bunch of nonsense dictating the details for me.

Make the REST of the rest of the purely recreational drugs illegal and you'll see people's heads explode.

I'm glad someone on this board gets it.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Was just going to say - this is 100% incorrect, not sure where they're getting this information.

Now, if you hold a clearance, you can't partake still, as obviously most with clearances usually work directly / tangentially to the fedspace. SWIM got an email from their employer (gov sub) that stated despite the law changes, they are still governed by federal law and as such, employees are not to partake / attempt to circumvent this instruction.

I can't find the email right now, Security office sent it out when we were given E-Trade accounts with Bonus money as STOCK.

OK, I found it. (Redacted)

(QUOTE) On the topic of hemp, we would also like to send a reminder that having stock in companies that deal with marijuana products is still not allowed by our customer.

This is an issue that may see some legal changes coming on the Federal level in coming months/years, so stay tuned for updates.

If there are any questions, please contact the Security department.
    (QUOTE)

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Why tf is his investment portfolio their business??
    Ever heard of a guy named Snowden?

My wife is a .gov IT Contractor, and before I retired, I was a .gov employee, both cleared for TS+. Since Mr. Snowdon, if you hold and want to continue to hold a clearance...your financials are their business.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2017
    2E and Maryland Medical Cannabis

Make the REST of the purely recreational drugs illegal and you'll see people's heads explode.

“The very state which sought to offer me legal relief for a common health issue is now the same state that would indeed make me a felon for using it”

2A Protection Act now! Bill H.R. 2071.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom