• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The NJ (Rogers v Grewal) conference happens on 5/23, but we find out the result (order list) on the following tuesday (due to Memorial day). Between 5/24 and when the order list is released we are in a kind of Schroedingers cat situation.

"Hey WTF, its dark in here!" :D

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The NJ (Rogers v Grewal) conference happens on 5/23, but we find out the result (order list) on the following tuesday (due to Memorial day). Between 5/24 and when the order list is released we are in a kind of Schroedingers cat situation.

Whoops, I forgot about Rogers and was only tracking Gould as pending conference.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Only if we aren't observed.....

Pope414

since justice Alito does not take part in the Cert Pool that would point to the weak link being Kennedy or Roberts. With Kennedy retired we will know for sure if it really was Kennedy come Tuesday. if we have Cert on Rogers then I would say confidence is high on a 5-4 in favor . Boy do I have my fingers crossed..

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Stevens said in recent press (as part of his book release) he worked on Kennedy and Thomas in his attempt to change their votes on Heller, with Kennedy getting significant concessions out of Scalia to retain his vote.
    I wonder what Thomas' response was to the pressure, given his dissent from denial of cert in other cases and how he wanted McDonald decided under P&I instead of Due Process.

With Thomas penning dissents from denial of cert, and being joined by his colleagues, he's certainly not missing any even if he participates in the cert pool.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Which is why we need a replacement for Ginsberg then the fifth vote will cost less because of supply and demand.
    Need another seat on the court for other reasons too. Thomas is also getting older and could retire in the future under a Democrat (probably not by his choice but because of health reasons that precipitate it). Until we know who's running in 2020 on the Democrat side and how the economy is doing in the run-up to the election, this possibility makes me very nervous.

Dollars to doughnuts that Ginsburg retires in 2020 if a Democrat wins the WH (even if the Republicans maintain marginal control over the Senate - some will bend to a new President's nominee - and simple majority wins). She might even retire if Trump is re-elected. I just don't see her willingly going until after the next election.

(and sorry for the derail)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    Not redistributed. Being held. Probably for NYSRPA.

That says a lot about what they expect from NYSRPA. There are now three cases being held.

When is NYSRPA being argued before SCOTUS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pope414

would one of our legal Eagles please explain what's happening...i have a good understanding but with nothing from the court it would really help if someone who knows how the sausage is made could explain where we are now..i would really appreciate it.

Fedora

Dec 16, 2018
    Not redistributed. Being held. Probably for NYSRPA.
    That says a lot about what they expect from NYSRPA. There are now three cases being held.

Dan,

I know of Rogers but what are the remaining two, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom