• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Impossible, everybody here knows we don't arrest each other. :rolleyes:

All joking aside, she damn well knew better and got what she deserved.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Why would someone just throw their career (and maybe pension) away for something that would have resulted in at most a fine and a reprimand. :crazy:

Lost in self importance perhaps?

I've seen that mentality in some who rise in the ranks after years of doing it. I also wouldn't be surprised if she's spent 20 of her 24 years in that forensics unit meaning she hasn't seen patrol in quite a while.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Lost in self importance perhaps?

I've seen that mentality in some who rise in the ranks after years of doing it. I also wouldn't be surprised if she's spent 20 of her 24 years in that forensics unit meaning she hasn't seen patrol in quite a while.

The article said she basically just got to that unit.

I’m also hearing through the grape vine that there may be more to this. That doesn’t excuse her reported behavior but I’d be interested in more facts.

This also won’t ruin her career per say as these really aren’t prohibiting offenses and they will all be dropped down to something else I’m sure (that’s the realistic of it, and not cuz she is a cop, it’s because of the court system). This was not really directed at you ADR, I’m sure you already know this.

If the grape vine is wrong she surely wouldn’t be the first cop to not be humble!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There's a LOT more to this story in my opinion. She must have been very belligerent or drunk.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There's a LOT more to this story in my opinion. She must have been very belligerent or drunk.

Ehhhh from what i hear if she was drunk this trooper 100% would have charged it. I’m sure the “entitled Lt cop” came out, and she was in the wrong for that all day.

You know it’s funny. I’ve pulled over a bunch of cops and only ever been treated with amazing respect. I’ve been pulled over and only ever given 100% respect! But I’ve heard some horror stories. The “I’m entitled” attitude generally just leads to a call to your supervisor.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Ehhhh from what i hear if she was drunk this trooper 100% would have charged it. I’m sure the “entitled Lt cop” came out, and she was in the wrong for that all day.

You know it’s funny. I’ve pulled over a bunch of cops and only ever been treated with amazing respect. I’ve been pulled over and only ever given 100% respect! But I’ve heard some horror stories. The “I’m entitled” attitude generally just leads to a call to your supervisor.

100% brother.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I have not been pulled over in a long, time now. Mostly pulled over when I was younger and drove faster than the speed limit, nothing more than that. Cell phones were not even a thing back then. I have never had an issue at all. Basically comes down to most of the time that you get what you give. Not saying there are not exceptions, but they are exceptions for a reason (because it's not the norm). I can only imagine how much of a B*&^h she might have been based only on the details from the article.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Video of the Lt.

Not sure which one is her.

:D :lol2:

I am despondent over Grumpy Cat, so spare me any 'you're a racist' comments. :cool:

And this is what I flay at erubyville:

flags III.jpg

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Some people have no sense at all. You went from a $90 (ish) ticket (if not a warning) to getting arrested, a tow bill, bail, an attorney, your name in the paper, issues at work, etc. Dummy...

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Everyone knows cops can talk on a phone will driving, they can also type on a laptop while driving. How did that trooper not know that the laws are only for the little people.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Everyone knows cops can talk on a phone will driving, they can also type on a laptop while driving. How did that trooper not know that the laws are only for the little people.

Obviously, that is not always true, this event shows it. Most cops have better things to do. I, and I'm sure plenty of others, have given out numerous warning for various infractions to various individuals.

I would like to leave you with this thought. We as cops have only one problem, and that is we have to recruit from the human race. Think about that for awhile.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Ding!!!

have seen both a lot. I was about to type the same about their laptops. I have seen them behind me typing in my stuff. Their face down into the laptop.

Also seen them on their phones, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom