• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    I think I finally got my AR to where I have wanted it.:sarcasm:

It's been a long 3 years of waiting, saving, and bugging the hell out of people for advice (thanks Jeepdriver, Jamie at white Marsh Arms, Dan at Gun Connection, and the list goes on).:)

I started off as a lonesome stripped POF lower that Jeepdriver convinced me to buy.....damn salespeople that live by buy once, cry once.....:innocent0

Then came the:
    DPMS lpk
    Miad grip
    CTR stock kit
    KNS pins

It wasn't until almost a year later I found the upper I had been eyeing up on the EE on Arfcom:
    Denny's Guns Operator barrel
    9" Larue free float
    Colt M16 BCG
    PRI flip up BUIS
    Magpul AFG

Then there was the Burris Red dot (again, thanks Jeepdriver) that was given to a friend for his AR, and then The Nikon M-223 that I won at the Fall shoot, in a Burris PEPR mount (courtesy of Gun connection).

I'm already considering changing the stock to the UBR to help balance out the rifle, or switching the A2 flash suppressor for a Battlecomp1.0, and the list goes on.

Now to get more ammo, and take some classes.

:party29:Just wanted to say thanks to all that have helped along the way:party29:
    12-12-10 007.jpg 12-12-10 012.jpg

Attachments

• 12-12-10 002.jpg
      12-12-10 002.jpg
      9.8 KB · Views: 339
    • 12-12-10 033.jpg
      12-12-10 033.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 344
    • 12-12-10 036.jpg
      12-12-10 036.jpg
      24.7 KB · Views: 340

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Nice looking rifle. How are you liking the M223? I'm digging mine. I can't wait to give it the 3-gun test.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    The trigger is still the stock DPMS, I've gone through and polished most of the surfaces, and the KNS pins allow for lubricating also.

I love the M-223, great glass, It's actually faster for me than a red-dot. I'm working on a magnification throw lever to make it even faster/easier to adjust. I'm also trying to find a way to "lock the turrets" after it has been zeroed. I don't see the reason for exposed turrets on a low magnification optic.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    The trigger is still the stock DPMS, I've gone through and polished most of the surfaces, and the KNS pins allow for lubricating also.

I love the M-223, great glass, It's actually faster for me than a red-dot. I'm working on a magnification throw lever to make it even faster/easier to adjust. I'm also trying to find a way to "lock the turrets" after it has been zeroed. I don't see the reason for exposed turrets on a low magnification optic.

Lemme know what you come up with for a throw lever. I'd definitely be interested in something like that.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    An a2 will balance it out, but wont be adjustible like the UBR..it also wont cost 260.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom