• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    The tailgating for country shows is off the hook. I'd rather stay in the parking lot and miss the show.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I really don't need to go to the concerts, they come to me. Even though we're a mile away I listened to the bass all evening until the thunder drowned it out. Not complaining. MPP was here before I was.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Jimmy Buffet a few times in the late 80's.

I saw the Grateful Dead i think around 84'. I was a tag along with some friends who were a bit more into the GD thing. They did 3 shows. I don't think Columbia was prepared for The amount of hippies wanabees that completely took over the town for 4 days.

I remember walking through the mall and seeing two women taking a bath in one of the mall fountains!

I think they were forever banned from Columbia after the event.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The Dierks Bently concert last night was pretty good. I was under roof but I'm sure the torrential rain made the lawn seats suck hard. Jon Pardi, who opened, was the best IMHO. I've seen him a bunch of times at different venues and he always kicks ass.

Attachments

• IMG_8400.jpg
      IMG_8400.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 151
    • IMG_8401.jpg
      IMG_8401.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 149

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Saw Gigantour '08 there with a big group of friends. Megadeth, In Flames, Children Of Bodom, High On Fire. We paid for lawn tickets but somehow managed to get into the standing room/moshpit area up front. Venue was fine and the show was badass. One of my best memories from high school.

I was there! We were damn near front row. Job for a Cowboy was there as well. Sick band. It was incredible seeing Mustane that close jamming his ass off.

Could you see the guy in the chicken suit running all over the place under the pavilion?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Sunday in the country was always a good time at Merriweather. Saw Nickelback and 3 doors down there in 08

I was at that one too. Nickel back played sad but true from Metallica and something from Pantera when they were throwing beer out into the audience. I think Puddle of Mud opened the show. They start to run together after a while.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Here's a few I saved from there. I have a huge stack of ticket stubs from various places. Merriweather was always a good venue.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
      IMG_0152.jpg
      121.6 KB · Views: 133

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thinking about seeing Gary Clark Jr.

I quit going to concerts a long time ago. Always got in fights. Last one I went to was Eric Clapton at Merriweather(32 years ago and yes, got into a fight :o). But I've mellowed in my older years...well, sorta.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Thinking about seeing Gary Clark Jr.

I quit going to concerts a long time ago. Always got in fights. Last one I went to was Eric Clapton at Merriweather(32 years ago and yes, got into a fight :o). But I've mellowed in my older years...well, sorta.

Did someone try to honk your nose?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom