• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I received a report from a member of the committee that HB4 received some amendments (don't know the contents of the amendments) and was voted out of the committee with 6 of 7 Republicans voting against it. Vote tally won't be reported on MGA website until bill is presented back to the House on 2nd Reader.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I received a report from a member of the committee that HB4 received some amendments (don't know the contents of the amendments) and was voted out of the committee with 6 of 7 Republicans voting against it. Vote tally won't be reported on MGA website until bill is presented back to the House on 2nd Reader.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any guesses on who voted for it?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Very interested to see the amendments. I am hoping they are something constructive (FFL-03 recognition? Real temporary loans not being transfers?)

At this point as much as I am fighting it, I have the sinking sensation it will be passing this time. The. Again, I thought LGQL was last year. So I guess hope isn’t dead.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    As I recall, it was amended in the House late on Sine Die and sent back to the Senate committee at the last minute where it died. That one seems to have cost us Sen. Zirkin for all the crap Vanessa slung at him for daring to not instantly rubber stamp her Nonsense Bill.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    As I recall, it was amended in the House late on Sine Die and sent back to the Senate committee at the last minute where it died. That one seems to have cost us Sen. Zirkin for all the crap Vanessa slung at him for daring to not instantly rubber stamp her Nonsense Bill.

Are we on a first name basis with Vanessa now? Anything you wanna share with the group?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Very interested to see the amendments. I am hoping they are something constructive (FFL-03 recognition? Real temporary loans not being transfers?)

At this point as much as I am fighting it, I have the sinking sensation it will be passing this time. The. Again, I thought LGQL was last year. So I guess hope isn’t dead.
    If we're going to get saddled with new regulation, I would hope to see:
    1) Have the state police do long gun transfers for $10, just as they do with handguns. It would help economically disadvantaged people comply with the law and keep FFLs from charging ridiculous fees.

2) Exempt transactions between two HQL holders.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Didn't they amend this one last year and almost passed it?

Isn't this the one the died on the floor because someone had a hissy fit?

People bitched and moaned about Zirkin and Vallario but they will rue the days those two left soon enough.

It's obvious this bill is a priority if they've moved it already. New leadership in the Senate and Zirkin gone makes it far more likely they pull it off this year.

Zirkin was a lib but I don't recall him using gun control to grandstand like Ms. Vanessa.

The one upside is that I get the impression Atterbeary is not liked.

*Just remembered Chris West (Republican - Piece of Shit) voted for this last year in committee. I'm sure he will again.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not yet, hearing that some amendments passed unanimously.

That gives me some tiny hope that some of them actually improve it.

If you are going to get mugged anyway, might as well hope for the best. Let’s also hope we don’t get mugged in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom