• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    All laws are subject to abuse, pretty much at the whim of those in charge.

Please explain to me how my reading comprehension is faulty.

Also explain why you consider my comments to be a wingnut theory. FYI, I find the above implications offensive.

"All laws are subject to abuse, pretty much at the whim of those in charge." ergo, there should be no laws :rolleyes:

I am sorry that you are offended but this does not "make any and all firearms training" a felony as it states in the OP.

The only real plausible claim presented in this thread is that it could be used to shut down open carry rallies. To know whether that is possible, one would have to know VA case law on "intimidation." Also, you have to convince 12 people and a judge that you intended to intimidate people.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    This bill only makes training to further a civil disorder or intimidation illegal.

Which is worse; one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

If they manage to pass it, hopefully the courts will see it as a violation of the First Amendment's "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    It is so poorly written... It will have to "Interpreted" by Lawyers.

Good Luck with that.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    It all depends on how civil disobedience is defined. You and your buddy practice together and are against a new plastic straw ban, you could be fermenting civil disobedience. You and your shooting buddies support " We Will Not Comply" you are being civil disobedient. It is not a conspiracy theory or over reaction to do everything that can be done to stop this bill.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    "All laws are subject to abuse, pretty much at the whim of those in charge." ergo, there should be no laws :rolleyes:

I am sorry that you are offended but this does not "make any and all firearms training" a felony as it states in the OP.

The only real plausible claim presented in this thread is that it could be used to shut down open carry rallies. To know whether that is possible, one would have to know VA case law on "intimidation." Also, you have to convince 12 people and a judge that you intended to intimidate people.

"Ergo there should be no laws?" Please don''t be ridiculous. The problem is the interpretation and use of laws by the unscrupulous, which is why our republic was originally constituted the way it was: because the founders understood the basics of human nature. Every time an additional law is passed, it creates opportunity for its misuse. Certainly you must understand this?

My taking offense was due to the implication that my views make me a "wingnut" - possibly you can understand that that might be offensive? If not, take another look at my post. Perhaps your reading comprehension could use some tweaking.

Your faith in the proper use of law is touching, but sadly out of touch with reality, as it is now, and as it has been throughout most of history. Naivete implies lack of experience. The world cures it, but often the cure is terminal.

Reading Stephen Halbrook's Gun Control in the Third Reich might disabuse you of some of your more dewy-eyed views on the use and misuse of the legal system. The first 50 pages might also be shockingly reminiscent of the course of Maryland's development of gun control legislation. Just a suggestion, it's a fascinating book, and the actual first look at the subject by an historian - and a long-delayed examination is was, being first published in 2013.

AACO_Salami

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 12, 2019
    Amazing to watch so many people on a gun sight make excuses for this type of law and to help explain away how it isn't so bad.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    "Ergo there should be no laws?" Please don''t be ridiculous. The problem is the interpretation and use of laws by the unscrupulous, which is why our republic was originally constituted the way it was: because the founders understood the basics of human nature. Every time an additional law is passed, it creates opportunity for its misuse. Certainly you must understand this?

My taking offense was due to the implication that my views make me a "wingnut" - possibly you can understand that that might be offensive? If not, take another look at my post. Perhaps your reading comprehension could use some tweaking.

Your faith in the proper use of law is touching, but sadly out of touch with reality, as it is now, and as it has been throughout most of history. Naivete implies lack of experience. The world cures it, but often the cure is terminal.

Reading Stephen Halbrook's Gun Control in the Third Reich might disabuse you of some of your more dewy-eyed views on the use and misuse of the legal system. The first 50 pages might also be shockingly reminiscent of the course of Maryland's development of gun control legislation. Just a suggestion, it's a fascinating book, and the actual first look at the subject by an historian - and a long-delayed examination is was, being first published in 2013.

Only item # 3 is new. The other two bullets are already on the books, have been for a long time, and have not made "any and all firearms training" a felony.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Only item # 3 is new. The other two bullets are already on the books, have been for a long time, and have not made "any and all firearms training" a felony.

Do you even read the posts you quote? You certainly don't reply to any points brought up.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Danb, maybe you should join the MDA Facebook page. I think you'd feel more at home there. I'm surprised that you believe laws will not be unfairly applied. Have you been paying attention?

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    danb, I would have to disagree. If you go back to the link you posted in page one they are making changes to item #1 and #2. It used to be explosive or incendiary device, I.E. a device made to explode or a device made to burn. They are changing those two to explosive, or incendiary device. Explosive compounds are now a separate qualifier. This would encompass gunpowder or black powder in static form or possession if they felt it could be used for civil disobedience.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

Is this supposed to be a god thing Sorry danb this is an infringement and will be twisted to their advantage

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I'm wondering what the interpretation of a women being trained to handle a gun to defend herself when if a man weighing 200 lbs more then she needs to pull the trigger and harm or kill the person.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    Who makes the determination of what we are doing. I meet with a group of military friends , we discuss many things including the idiots in Congress and state legislature, they could use this law to say we were planning civil disorder. We are a group of like minded Marines, we have crayons and all, this law is nothing more than a confiscation gig. I'd suggest every gun owner make sure you let your opposition be known.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm wondering what the interpretation of a women being trained to handle a gun to defend herself when if a man weighing 200 lbs more then she needs to pull the trigger and harm or kill the person.

That it is perfectly legal. Unless you know or should have known that the woman you taught to shoot that gun was likely to participate in armed demonstrations.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    That it is perfectly legal. Unless you know or should have known that the woman you taught to shoot that gun was likely to participate in armed demonstrations.

Who's to say that defending yourself in the "new world" is not civil disobedience? Now you have all the elements of the crime.

You don't to allow elected states attorneys the ability to intrepret law.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    no, it doesn't. This is the actual bill:
    http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB64+hil

while I am generally against pointless laws like this, we do ourselves a great disservice when we post incorrect information from conspiracy websites. It makes us all look like wingnuts.

This bill only makes training to further a civil disorder or intimidation illegal.

What conspiracy website are you referring to specifically? The OP quoted LIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom