• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I know I can Open Carry almost everywhere in Delaware.

And I know I can CCW in DE as a MD resident with a FL CCW permit.

If I move from MD to DE with my FL CCW permit, can I just do an address change on the FL permit and still have it valid in DE or must I go for the DE CCW permit as a new DE resident?

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    A Florida NON-Resident License is accepted in DE. All you need is the card from the MSP training required to purchase a pistol and 100 & some odd dollars. OH ya, add a couple months in there too.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    And the bad part is Delaware has a bunch of hoops you have to jump through to get the permit. Something like 5 letters from unrelated residents of the same county stating that you are not crazy and crap like that. Kind of a pain when you just move there and don't really know too many people yet.

Kind of funny that it's much easier for a MD resident to obtain a carry permit for Delaware (by way of FL permit) than it is for a DE resident to obtain a CCW permit for their own state...

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Can anyone confirm that "parks" and "restaurants" are no-carry zones in DE?

I think I read that somewhere, but the DE laws are too confusing to figure out.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Can anyone confirm that "parks" and "restaurants" are no-carry zones in DE?

I think I read that somewhere, but the DE laws are too confusing to figure out.

Restaurants are ok to carry. Parks is a grey area. New Castle County has a ordinance saying carry in County parks is illegal, however under state law the ordinance is illegal. You may be stopped, possibly even charged but they won't be able to make it stick.

Think of it this way. Due to lack of mention in DE law open carry is legal everywhere except Federal and State property and Dover city limits. Stay out of those areas and you will be fine.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    You can also take a UT CCW class. FL will accept the Certificate of completion for the proof of trainning. You can also use a DD214 or NRA Basic Pistol/First steps course to obtain the FL permit. Nice thing about taking a UT class is you can then get UT and FL. If DE or PA are your states of concern the UT permit will take care of them and is cheaper to apply for and renew. Mdeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom