• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    What is your choice for EDC in the sub $100 price point? I have a Kershaw Blur now but thinking about picking up something new.

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    I am thinking of picking up the Blur.. what is your experience with it?

Right now I carry either a Kershaw Cryo II or another kershaw, forget the name.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I am thinking of picking up the Blur.. what is your experience with it?

I like it. Good size and shape. It has a nice feel in my hand. The textured grip seems to tear up my jeans over time and it doesn't hold an edge too long. I may try taking it to someone who can grind a more durable edge on it for me.

brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    kershaw skyline: light enough, big enough, small enough, and strong enough for EDC

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Right around $100 will her you a Benchmade Griptilian, also a very fine knife.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Spyderco manix2, a good number of their backlocks, BM grip and most kershaws. For just a bit more you get a lot more options the low end ZTs, spyderco paramilitary, manix xl, a good number of Benchmades, lots of good knives in decent steel

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    For Benchmade, a Ritter Griptilian in CPM-S30V
    For Kershaw, a G10/S30V Leek for small and a composite JYD2 for larger
    For Spyderco, Paramilitary, Manix 2, or a ZDP-189 Endura or Delica (only go with ZDP-189 if you are looking primarily for a cutting tool)...BUT, if you will go a little higher, the Spyderco Sage 2 Titanium...I would argue it is the nicest knife in its respective knife class (mid-small size, EDC-oriented, light weight but without a compromise to strength, and with a high-strength lock. It's essentially a flat ground Sebenza with a round hole and beefier ergos. Every time I handle mine I am just shocked that they could make such a nice knife for such a low price.
    For ZT, probably a 0200 Blem as that is what $100 would buy

The above brands are my personal preferences for knives in that price class. There are other makers, many whom make nice knives but I think that in your price range you will find Spyderco and Benchmade to have the most offerings that will fill both budget and performance requirements.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I grabbed a Gerber Fast 06 for $50 on amazon.com. Tanto blade, half serrated, impact point on the butt end with a lanyard hole. The reason I dig it so much is the forward action spring assist. Almost as fast as an automatic knife just doesn't have a button. I put a better edge on it and need to sharpen the serrations but it's worth every penny I paid for it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have a Kershaw Leek and Blur among other models, like the Blur best. Looked at a friend's SOG the other nite. I like the feature of the clip. It allows it to sit deeper in your pocket so no one sees any knife at all. Just looks like a pen clip. I'm assuming the visible clip still makes it legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom