• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Here’s an idea. Local pro 2A areas should use the tactics of the left. You remember when some towns in Texas started sanctuary cities against the will of the state? Well why don’t pro 2A areas declare their own rules?

For instance- Garrett county could elect all pro 2A representatives. They declare their county open for CCW. The Maryland state police reacts and say no way. So the county reps get creative and deputized citizens to help the county with safety, but in reality there is nothing for them to do. Yet as deputies they can carry concealed weapons. To become a deputy of the county ppl simply sign a paper, have ID checked and get a piece of paper. Bam done. You can carry. If Maryland does not like it who cares.

Or if that doesn’t work, have the govt form an official GA county militia. Make up some reason to do it. Announce it to the press. To be a member the county makes the rules easy. If you live in the county you are a militia member. If you are in a militia you can conceal carry. You can own an AR15 bc you are part of the official militia... but everyone is in the militia.... get it? JUST START MAKING STUFF UP AND IF THE STATE SHUTS IT DOWN, MAKE SOMETHING ELSE UP.

Thoughts?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So, the idea would be what, declare Garrett a sanctuary for the 2nd amendment and refuse to enforce MD gun laws? For CCW, seems easy enough. For the HQL, handgun roster, scary black rifles, and other abominations, how would that work?

Why not just secede and declare themselves part of WV?

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    So, the idea would be what, declare Garrett a sanctuary for the 2nd amendment and refuse to enforce MD gun laws? For CCW, seems easy enough. For the HQL, handgun roster, scary black rifles, and other abominations, how would that work?

Why not just secede and declare themselves part of WV?

Secession would bring war. The civil war ended the option of peaceful succession. Declaring an area a 2A sanctuary may start a movement of defiance in multiple states. The idea would give people a way to fight places like NY, California and Maryland. Hopefully this would add more momentum to the 2A movement.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Secession would bring war. The civil war ended the option of peaceful succession. Declaring an area a 2A sanctuary may start a movement of defiance in multiple states. The idea would give people a way to fight places like NY, California and Maryland. Hopefully this would add more momentum to the 2A movement.

I would love to have a civil war, just for the knowledge that so many liberals would end up starving.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    It’s time to get started. We all have to get involved in some level or you can kiss your rights goodbye. Whether it’s contacting reps, picketing or joining gun rights organizations. The left is not going to let this go. The fight is on. Do your part.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I like the concept. Now, getting enough politicians in a jurisdiction to put it into practice would be quite a hurdle.

However, with some of the backlash we're seeing from conservative area in California to the sanctuary BS, there might be hope.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    I like the concept. Now, getting enough politicians in a jurisdiction to put it into practice would be quite a hurdle.

However, with some of the backlash we're seeing from conservative area in California to the sanctuary BS, there might be hope.

We need new concepts. we gotta keep the pro 2A messages going in society. We need to reach the youth too. If we lose them, eventually they will pass true gun control.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I believe this is happening in Colorado with their standard capacity magazine ban. Outside of Denver and Boulder, it's not enforced. I know the sherriffs were vocal about not enforcing it when it first came out. I also believe upstate New York is also not enforcing their 2013 gun bans but that might be more under the radar.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    I believe this is happening in Colorado with their standard capacity magazine ban. Outside of Denver and Boulder, it's not enforced. I know the sherriffs were vocal about not enforcing it when it first came out. I also believe upstate New York is also not enforcing their 2013 gun bans but that might be more under the radar.

Good points. A sheriff on the eastern shore declared he would not enforce Maryland’s bans in the O’Malley years.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The MPCTC ( Md Police & Corrections Traing Comm) would control granting of Deputy status .

Getting the States Attourny on board would be even more important than a Sheriff . Something along the lines of Nolle Pros every 4-203 case that doesn't involve another crime .

Of course MSP would imeadately scream to the AG .

Do any of the municipalities in Garrett have their own PD ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom