• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Thanks everyone... it's not urgent, yet. I still have about a half a case of Lake City 72. I'm looking at dies though...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    There is currently a 192 round spam can for sale on the broker that’s been bid up to $230 with 5 days to go (plus $25 shipping).

Jesus. Why? Is it because it is neat? Or historical value? New manufacture, perfectly safe PPU and S&B M2 Ball seems to be going for around .70-80 a round plus $8-12 shipping if you buy it from Graf or from SGAmno (the later a little more in shipping if you are buying A LOT)

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Jesus. Why? Is it because it is neat? Or historical value? New manufacture, perfectly safe PPU and S&B M2 Ball seems to be going for around .70-80 a round plus $8-12 shipping if you buy it from Graf or from SGAmno (the later a little more in shipping if you are buying A LOT)

Because people are nuts. And foolish. And, it’s tax return season. HXP has no historical value. It’s just that “CMP used to sell it.” I remember just a year or two ago when you could buy 200 loose rounds for $118 shipped.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Because people are nuts. And foolish. And, it’s tax return season. HXP has no historical value. It’s just that “CMP used to sell it.” I remember just a year or two ago when you could buy 200 loose rounds for $118 shipped.

CMP used to sell surplus .22 long rifle for $125 a case of 5,000. That is why when the price is low stock it deep.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I still have 4 cases of Vietnam era LC 1976. In bandoleers from the old DCM days. I miss those days driving to Letterkenny Army depot.

Attachments

• A4a.jpg
      A4a.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 235

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Wow, I still have CMP surplus, still in cardboard shipping boxes,,, few more years and I can retire!

Yeah! I bought 2 cases from CMP years ago when it was less than $200/case (960 rounds). When I sold my M1, I threw in a 30 cal can of ammo so I could get my full asking price (Don't Ask!!). Fast-forward 20 years, and that ammo is now about 4x what I paid.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Well, I guess I have a new friend. :) I recently sold a wooden crate of HXP 480rds that was listed on this site in the trader. I'll be holding on to my other one. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom