• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    NRA fundraising letter spam hitting MD mailboxes touting their total support of this lawsuit in 3... 2....

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Just joined. 14 life members counted on this thread alone. That's $2100 to SAF.

Don't forget to contribute to MSI as well! Understand that we all have more pressing financial commitments, but when you have a few extra bucks....

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Joined SAF as a life member right after McDonald. A few weeks later, they sent a personalized wooden plaque. Very nice and very unexpected.

I always donate more than $10 to MSI each year. Pending completion of the transfer to Paypal, $100 is on it's way to MSI.

This lawsuit is great news!!!

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    Really, really hate to jump the gun, (jump the gun, get it?) but if MD finally goes with Shall Issue, any ideas on which states they'll allow reciprocity? There's a number of states that block non-residence issuance from various large carry groups, i.e., FL and UT, but with a resident MD carry, am curious. Hope springs eternal.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Really, really hate to jump the gun, (jump the gun, get it?) but if MD finally goes with Shall Issue, any ideas on which states they'll allow reciprocity? There's a number of states that block non-residence issuance from various large carry groups, i.e., FL and UT, but with a resident MD carry, am curious. Hope springs eternal.

They probably won't have any reciprocity right away. I don't even know if it would be effective to sue for reciprocity if they give permits to non-residents. Either way :party29::party29::party29::party29::party29::party29:

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Can't pony up a life membership right now. I would if I could. Sitting here at work. If not by the end of my shift than by 1am I will be a SAF basic member. Been planning on becoming a member for the last couple weeks. What better way to show how much MD gun owners support them than by becoming a member at any level.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Headed over to SAF to get my Life Membership.

It would be fiscally prudent for MD to avoid a huge expense at a time when it cannot be afforded by the state if it looks like they won't win

But this is Maryland after all.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Funny, I bought a SAF life membership a few days ago. Never anticipated this! I sent them a quick email thanking them for filing this suit. As I have done with MSI, I'll donate more funds as I have them to spare.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A non restricted MD Permit would give you the state of Michigan added to reciprocity if you already have a FL and UT permit.

With a MD, UT, and FL permit you could carry in the following (34 States):

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

To maximize Permits then you would need to get these permits as well (4 States):

Nevada
    New Hampshire
    Connecticut
    Maine

You could still NOT carry in the following States/Districts/Territories:

California, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia, Illinois, Wisconsin, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom