• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    It is not on the Maryland Banned hit list. Sounds like Midway is doing the CYA thing. Anything not specifically listed as acceptable and has a telescoping stock, picatinny rails and heat shield is catagorized as not shipped.

Send Midway these links, it may help. The PC 9 is not listed which indicates it isn't even considered. Or the state hasn't approved it yet.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

and

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...&&View={EB794138-CE9C-4E9E-B3D2-B78C316F87DF}

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    It is Maryland legal. If they won't deal with you then buy it from someone else. Plenty of Maryland dealers who can get you one. Or drive over to Cabelas in DE; they'll sell you one.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Check out the IP’s here. One of them will have it or be able to get it. Midway is full of sh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I bought one at bass pro but it was a major pain to get them to order me the threaded version. they only carry the non threaded in stock. I only bought there because I had gift cards. My local ffl had one at a better price if I had been paying cash.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have the same model, but came with standard cap mag. Bought from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore or Kentucky Gun and transferred to my DE gun shop. Low transfer fee and no tax or MD ********.
    I like the rifle. I think it could be lighter and the short sight radius is not ideal. Just like a pistol, factory Glock mags work better but Korean mags will work.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It is Maryland legal. If they won't deal with you then buy it from someone else. Plenty of Maryland dealers who can get you one. Or drive over to Cabelas in DE; they'll sell you one.

Will they?

I know in the past they would not sell anything that came with a greater than 10 round magazine to an MD resident.

They would not remove and keep the mag.

Which is nuts, because they will happily sell you the standard capacity mags.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Who on here owns a Ruger PC 9 19102? Midway tells me it's an "Assault Weapon", so I can't buy it from them :sad20:

Tell them...

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
      OIP.jpg
      19 KB · Views: 179

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Good luck finding one. I had a guy offer 650 for my standard takedown model that I paid 425 for during a sale. I was going to do it, but then I found I could not replace it. No one had them locally or could get them readily. Or at least at a decent price. Found only one that was cerakoted at 675. Thanks, but no thanks....

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Will they?

I know in the past they would not sell anything that came with a greater than 10 round magazine to an MD resident.

They would not remove and keep the mag.

Which is nuts, because they will happily sell you the standard capacity mags.

I bought mine from Cabela's in Georgia about a year and half ago with no issue. Came with the standard mag.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I bought mine from Cabela's in Georgia about a year and half ago with no issue. Came with the standard mag.

The lawsuit against Academy arising out of the Sutherland Springs shooting has made a lot of dealers change this policy. If it were a small dealer getting sued and not Academy, I couldn't imagine what their legal fees would do to them. All because someone can get an argument of "when federal law says the firearm has to be legal in both states, they actually meant the firearm AND accessories in the box!" past a motion to dismiss...:banghead:

The PC Carbines are being built and shipped every day. Like everything gun-wise right now, stuff is hard to get.

The 19115/19117 is my favorite configuration of the PC Carbine by far. PC Charger is a close second, but we can't buy those here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom