• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Which rifles are on the "list of models"?

PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE
    TITLE 5. FIREARMS
    SUBTITLE 1. REGULATED FIREARMS

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-101

(2) a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon:

(i) American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine;

(ii) AK-47 in all forms;

(iii) Algimec AGM-1 type semi-auto;

(iv) AR 100 type semi-auto;

(v) AR 180 type semi-auto;

(vi) Argentine L.S.R. semi-auto;

(vii) Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi-auto;

(viii) Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi-automatics;

(ix) Barrett light .50 cal. semi-auto;

(x) Beretta AR70 type semi-auto;

(xi) Bushmaster semi-auto rifle;

(xii) Calico models M-100 and M-900;

(xiii) CIS SR 88 type semi-auto;

(xiv) Claridge HI TEC C-9 carbines;

(xv) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle;

(xvi) Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K-1, and K-2;

(xvii) Dragunov Chinese made semi-auto;

(xviii) Famas semi-auto (.223 caliber);

(xix) Feather AT-9 semi-auto;

(xx) FN LAR and FN FAL assault rifle;

(xxi) FNC semi-auto type carbine;

(xxii) F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun;

(xxiii) Steyr-AUG-SA semi-auto;

(xxiv) Galil models AR and ARM semi-auto;

(xxv) Heckler and Koch HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3;

(xxvi) Holmes model 88 shotgun;

(xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format;

(xxviii) Manchester Arms "Commando" MK-45, MK-9;

(xxix) Mandell TAC-1 semi-auto carbine;

(xxx) Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun;

(xxxi) Sterling Mark 6;

(xxxii) P.A.W.S. carbine;

(xxxiii) Ruger mini-14 folding stock model (.223 caliber);

(xxxiv) SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber);

(xxxv) SKS with detachable magazine;

(xxxvi) AP-74 Commando type semi-auto;

(xxxvii) Springfield Armory BM-59, SAR-48, G3, SAR-3, M-21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand;

(xxxviii) Street sweeper assault type shotgun;

(xxxix) Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats;

(xl) Unique F11 semi-auto type;

(xli) Daewoo USAS 12 semi-auto shotgun;

(xlii) UZI 9mm carbine or rifle;

(xliii) Valmet M-76 and M-78 semi-auto;

(xliv) Weaver Arms "Nighthawk" semi-auto carbine; or

(xlv) Wilkinson Arms 9mm semi-auto "Terry".

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    No matter how any of us read this pile of dung bill it will be up to ole Doug Gansler to interpret.
    What I read is a bunch of weasel wording that does nothing but further confuse the law abiding citizen.

Millions of gun owners were ignored by a bunch of nanny want to be rulers.

Jqcj5

Jan 12, 2013
    How about selling a colt hbarII lower after 10/1/13 to someone in MD, whould that be OK?

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    under this new bill, are we still allowed to buy 30rd mags from VA and bring them back to MD?

Judge for yourself. Here's how the pertinent MARYLAND law will read as of October 1, 2013:

CRIMINAL LAW
    TITLE 4. WEAPON CRIMES
    SUBTITLE 3. ASSAULT PISTOLS AND DETACHABLE MAGAZINES

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-305

§ 4-305. Detachable magazines -- Prohibited

(a) Scope of section. -- This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.

(b) Prohibited. -- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Jqcj5

Jan 12, 2013
    PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE
    TITLE 5. FIREARMS
    SUBTITLE 1. REGULATED FIREARMS

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-101

(2) a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon:

(i) American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine;

(ii) AK-47 in all forms;

(iii) Algimec AGM-1 type semi-auto;

(iv) AR 100 type semi-auto;

(v) AR 180 type semi-auto;

(vi) Argentine L.S.R. semi-auto;

(vii) Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi-auto;

(viii) Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi-automatics;

(ix) Barrett light .50 cal. semi-auto;

(x) Beretta AR70 type semi-auto;

(xi) Bushmaster semi-auto rifle;

(xii) Calico models M-100 and M-900;

(xiii) CIS SR 88 type semi-auto;

(xiv) Claridge HI TEC C-9 carbines;

(xv) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle;

(xvi) Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K-1, and K-2;

(xvii) Dragunov Chinese made semi-auto;

(xviii) Famas semi-auto (.223 caliber);

(xix) Feather AT-9 semi-auto;

(xx) FN LAR and FN FAL assault rifle;

(xxi) FNC semi-auto type carbine;

(xxii) F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun;

(xxiii) Steyr-AUG-SA semi-auto;

(xxiv) Galil models AR and ARM semi-auto;

(xxv) Heckler and Koch HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3;

(xxvi) Holmes model 88 shotgun;

(xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format;

(xxviii) Manchester Arms "Commando" MK-45, MK-9;

(xxix) Mandell TAC-1 semi-auto carbine;

(xxx) Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun;

(xxxi) Sterling Mark 6;

(xxxii) P.A.W.S. carbine;

(xxxiii) Ruger mini-14 folding stock model (.223 caliber);

(xxxiv) SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber);

(xxxv) SKS with detachable magazine;

(xxxvi) AP-74 Commando type semi-auto;

(xxxvii) Springfield Armory BM-59, SAR-48, G3, SAR-3, M-21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand;

(xxxviii) Street sweeper assault type shotgun;

(xxxix) Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats;

(xl) Unique F11 semi-auto type;

(xli) Daewoo USAS 12 semi-auto shotgun;

(xlii) UZI 9mm carbine or rifle;

(xliii) Valmet M-76 and M-78 semi-auto;

(xliv) Weaver Arms "Nighthawk" semi-auto carbine; or

(xlv) Wilkinson Arms 9mm semi-auto "Terry".

Thank you

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    How about selling a colt hbarII lower after 10/1/13 to someone in MD, whould that be OK?

The general rule of thumb: If it's on the regulated list of rifles now, no. If it's cash and carry now, probably yes.

Others with more specific knowledge on this variant may wish to respond.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I keep reading and reading and I'm tired of this crap. I feel like when October 1, 2013 comes I am labeled as a criminal. So now I am the bad guy. I'm so afraid I dare never to bring my guns out of the house to shoot or to learn how to hunt. I'm afraid I will be pulled over on the highway and handcuffed as other drivers look and stare at me. I'm afraid the cost and pain I will cause to my family as I could lose my job, house, car and worst a criminal record until I die.

How dare you to treat me like this. I defended this country with my life! I never did anything wrong.

How dare you to treat me like this. I defended this country with my life! I never did anything wrong.

Same here, Bro. Same here.

There's so many things I wanna type right now. So many things I wanna say. But I'm not. Because doing so will just give away the biggest advantages I have going right now.... Anonymity and deniability.

I haven't said anything bad yet, and I'm not going to...

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I keep reading and reading and I'm tired of this crap. I feel like when October 1, 2013 comes I am labeled as a criminal. So now I am the bad guy. I'm so afraid I dare never to bring my guns out of the house to shoot or to learn how to hunt. I'm afraid I will be pulled over on the highway and handcuffed as other drivers look and stare at me. I'm afraid the cost and pain I will cause to my family as I could lose my job, house, car and worst a criminal record until I die.

The FBI has estimated that 20% of all firearms owners will starting shooting rather than give up their firearms.

That is an interesting stat.

...and no, I don't think it's public. However, it does mean that eventually you will be the least of anyone's concerns. Don't be overly afraid....

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    The FBI has estimated that 20% of all firearms owners will starting shooting rather than give up their firearms.That is an interesting stat. ...and no, I don't think it's public. However, it does mean that eventually you will be the least of anyone's concerns. Don't be overly afraid....

We're trying to have one thread here that just addresses various points of confusion about what the bill does or doesn't do. This is the Sgt. Joe Friday thread -- "Just the facts, ma'am." There are lots of other threads where people talk about what they think about it.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Get to work on the lawsuit. Let us know to whom the checks are to be written. There's only two boxes left, let's hope the one doesn't fail us...

Jqcj5

Jan 12, 2013
    Wbff just reported that this will likely go to referendum and thus not be implemented until 2014. Any thoughts?

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    referendum

Wbff just reported that this will likely go to referendum and thus not be implemented until 2014. Any thoughts?

Well, I've got some thoughts.

If you want to see Maryland law, a few years down the road, looking like what gun owners in New York, Connecticut, and California now face,
    the referendum route is the way to go. It would be a political blunder of monumental proportions.

Another way to say it: If you want Baltimore and the DC suburb counties to have even more power to set statewide gun policy in the future, that's the way to do it.

The electorate will ratify the bill, especially after they've been presented with biased summary of the law and months of propaganda on TV. There is a great cost to losing. In modern American history, there are not many examples of state legislatures going in exactly the opposite direction from what the electorate has just done in a referendum. The usual pattern is for the legislatures to say "the electorate has spoken, we must give them more of the same."

The resources should be devoted to defeating specific legislators in specific districts who voted in favor of the restrictions despite the urging of well-informed blocs of gun-owners in their districts. You pick opportune districts where it is possible to vote bums out -- which would be mostly districts outside the most urbanized areas. The defeat of a fairly small number could have a great sobering effect on the legislature, particularly on the Senate side, if it was seen that support for the attack on gun owners was the decisive or a decisive factor. Many of the urban anti-gun legislators have tailor-drawn districts that it is practically impossible for them to loose, even in a primary. The good news is that the anti voters are also packed into those same districts, so they cannot vote to save the legislators whose districts are more diverse.

But by forcing a statewide referendum, you give away all your advantages of being able to pick your battlegrounds and you give away the advantage of localized intensity and organization. You turn it into a game of money -- Bloomberg could spend many millions on TV ads if necessary -- do you have millions? You turn it into a game in which the news media will sway many -- how do you think that will go? You turn it into a statewide game of raw numbers. Those TV ads will turn out the voters you want to stay home. The referendum will lose big time. It will not be close. It will look like a Washington Post poll on "military-style high-powdered assault weapons." And the crushing defeat will nullify the sobering effects of knocking off some bums in the election, should that occur.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just the facts, ma'am

Guys . . . there are a bunch of other threads going about the merits of a referendum or the lack thereof, political action, and so forth. Can we keep this thread to discussion about what the bill does or does not contain? There is a lot of misinformation circulating about the language of the bill and its real-world implications. Thanks.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Possession of ammunition

There was some discussion during the full house debate about whether this bill will prohibit junior hunters from possessing ammo for hunting. The contention was that the bill makes it illegal to possess ammunition (any ammo) if you are prohibited from possessing a regulated firearm. In another section, by definition, anyone under 21 years old is prohibited from possessing a regulated firearm, therefore, they cannot possess ammo, therefore they cannot hunt with a firearm. The anti 2A author said that was not true and an amendment to clarify was voted down.
    Prohibit is specific- cannot possess- it does not mean has had an application rejected.
    This would I assume also apply to anyone who has had an application (77R) rejected, but is otherwise allowed to possess unregulated firearms if there is such a class of persons, and I assume there must be.

Anyone with more knowledge of this have any comments?

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    PBJ question

Per SB281, a person awarded PBJ for certain enumerated violent offenses will have to surrender their firearms. I have read (don't know if it is true) that third degree sexual offenses are included in those enumerated offenses and that urinating in public is a third degree sexual offense. Is this true? can it be possible that PBJ or conviction of urination in public be reason to confiscate firearms?
    Of course, I have never urinated in public, but I'm pretty sure my brother has..:rolleyes:

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    I thought honorably discharged veterans where exempt from the training requirement as well? Your stating only retired vets?

Retired means HD Vets! pretty much that means if your DD214 is Honorably Discharged. you are a retired vet in the eyes of the law! A state trooper told me this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom