• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Shot my pistol with the 22 Magnum ammo and it looks good!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    So... this thread got me thinking about my Rough Rider. I contacted the company and am going to send it in for repairs. Am a little miffed at myself that I didn't do this when it was under warranty... but that's my own fault. $50 shipping and a $35 bench fee... so $85 bucks to fix a gun that only cost me $200 to begin with... oh well. I guess it will be worth it if I can actually take it out more and hit at point of aim. The alternative is it stays in the safe and collects dust. Lesson learned.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    So... this thread got me thinking about my Rough Rider. I contacted the company and am going to send it in for repairs. Am a little miffed at myself that I didn't do this when it was under warranty... but that's my own fault. $50 shipping and a $35 bench fee... so $85 bucks to fix a gun that only cost me $200 to begin with... oh well. I guess it will be worth it if I can actually take it out more and hit at point of aim. The alternative is it stays in the safe and collects dust. Lesson learned.

Is this where the "Term Shoots like a $200 Gun" comes from :rolleyes:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I can talk trash because I've got one, picked it up from Keepshooting couple years back for the wife, she wanted something that didn't have a kick or loud report, turns out I shoot it more then she does.

Didn't have a lot of money to spend on a plinker range toy, still fun and cheap to shoot if you stick to the 22LR :innocent0

Hey its a poor mans revolver. I own one haven't shot it yet . better shoot it before the warranty runs out

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Nothin' wrong with a Heritage 22LR/22WMAG revolver.

People absolutely love mine and it's pretty accurate - both cylinders. I've only shot half a box of Win Mag through mine, just to say I had. More fun to shoot the 22LR, but the Win Mag is impressive.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Just got it back. 4 weeks to repair, so better than quoted. The put a new barrel on it and sent back targets they shot with both cylinders... around 0.7 inch groups at 12 yards with both the 22 LR and 22 mag chambers. I took it in the back yard and put a quick 24 rounds through it. Everything inside 9 ring at 10 yards, right at point of aim... I think it is fixed!

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Just got it back. 4 weeks to repair, so better than quoted. The put a new barrel on it and sent back targets they shot with both cylinders... around 0.7 inch groups at 12 yards with both the 22 LR and 22 mag chambers. I took it in the back yard and put a quick 24 rounds through it. Everything inside 9 ring at 10 yards, right at point of aim... I think it is fixed!

Excellent news. I noticed on mine that the screws loosen up really easily. I'm going to Loc-tite those puppies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom