• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Someone I know (acquaintance) swears there is a air powered shotgun that shoots 12ga at around 1400fps. He says it is quiet and uses it to shot deer......I find this hard to believe but I thought I would ask if anyone here can actually verify his claims. Apparently its by a firm called something like forced air or such.

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    Well, this one doesn't have that kind of power, but it still sounds sort of fun.

The ARS Farco CO2 Air Shotgun

http://www.airguns.net/reviews_farco.php

farco6.jpg

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Someone I know (acquaintance) swears there is a air powered shotgun that shoots 12ga at around 1400fps. He says it is quiet and uses it to shot deer......I find this hard to believe but I thought I would ask if anyone here can actually verify his claims. Apparently its by a firm called something like forced air or such.

I call BS on the claim that it is "quiet". I've got a couple of precharged pneumatic airguns that are anything but quiet - one is almost as loud as a std vel .22LR. Can't imagine that a compressed air shotty would be much different, and if anything I'd anticipate it could be much louder due to the massively increased bore.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    There is indeed an air rifle made of the size actually bigger than 12 gage and could likely be loaded to shoot shot that fast, but it is made for slugs and is anything BUT quiet.

He used a 20mm cannon barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom