I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    In case anyone needed to know.

Calvert County Sheriff's Department
    -$10
    -Mondays and Wednesdays from 0900-1100
    -Must bring own fingerprinting card
    -Located in Prince Frederick across from the Ford dealership off of Rt 4. Big white building on the right if you're going north, behind the Shell gas station.

Maryland State Police Prince Frederick Barrack
    -$5 on Thursdays (check or MO ONLY)
    -They can provide fingerprint cards
    -They are located behind CCSD office. Turn right at the light where the SD is, and go back to the stop sign and go left. The Barrack will be on the left, well marked brick building.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    you would think they would do it for free and then once they have them enter them into the computer for future use against you. or do they keep a set and put them in the computer and charge you the fee to do it.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    you would think they would do it for free and then once they have them enter them into the computer for future use against you. or do they keep a set and put them in the computer and charge you the fee to do it.

I've only had mine done at the MSP barracks in Leonardtown, but I do know that at least they do not keep a copy. I supply the card, they run through the procedure and I leave with the card. They are never scanned into a computer and they do not take a secondary set. In the end it doesn't matter to me since my privacy was shot to hell due to holding a security clearance for the past 15+ years. They know everything that there is to know about me, up to and including DNA samples.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    the sad thing is they may not keep a copy but someone had a copy that is in a data base and i am sure they use them to.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I've only had mine done at the MSP barracks in Leonardtown, but I do know that at least they do not keep a copy. I supply the card, they run through the procedure and I leave with the card. They are never scanned into a computer and they do not take a secondary set. In the end it doesn't matter to me since my privacy was shot to hell due to holding a security clearance for the past 15+ years. They know everything that there is to know about me, up to and including DNA samples.

Wow they do DNA now? I think my Secret is still good, but I never got a DNA sample taken...nor did any of the guys I know that had TS.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    When I had mine done, I went to the MSP-LaPlata office because they do it on Saturdays. As I work in DC, its just to hard to get off for the weekday times. Same $5 cash deal.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Anyone know how Mike Evans (Calvert County Sheriff) is on signing off on NFA items (SBR)?

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    I've had mine done at the MD State Police Barracks on 301 in La Plata for $5 (check or MO and only on Sat mornings I believe). Also had them done at the Charles County Sheriffs office for free on a specific day, but they had a cadet do it and they were unusable. Also you can call and make an appointment at some DMVs and pay $60 (from what I remember) and they'll use that ACFES system.....or something like that....it's all electronic.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Wow they do DNA now? I think my Secret is still good, but I never got a DNA sample taken...nor did any of the guys I know that had TS.

If you've served on active duty within the last 15(?) years, your DNA is on file at the DoD Repository, regardless of any security clearance. They're supposed to ask if you want it destroyed when you separate or retire.

For real fun try a Polygraph!

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Anyone know how Mike Evans (Calvert County Sheriff) is on signing off on NFA items (SBR)?

Sorry to bounce this up, but I am about to contact them. Living in Calvert County, can I go through the Sheriff first and if he doesn't sign go through MDSP in Prince Frederick?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Sorry to bounce this up, but I am about to contact them. Living in Calvert County, can I go through the Sheriff first and if he doesn't sign go through MDSP in Prince Frederick?

I, too , am curious of his stance. He has an election coming up, right?

We really need to ride these people. Calvert is the one of the few "Red" places in the state. St. Mary's and Charles are long gone.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    WV is now charging $20.00 for fingerprinting, plus they affix a sticker on the back of card, which one has to sign. I believe it instructs the FBI to send to WV any crimes that the FBI comes across (something like that) regarding the fingerprints being submitted.

Otter

Sep 25, 2009
    When I had mine done, I went to the MSP-LaPlata office because they do it on Saturdays. As I work in DC, its just to hard to get off for the weekday times. Same $5 cash deal.

According to the MSP LaPlata Barracks website they do fingerprinting:

"In order to have a "background check" or "police clearance" completed by the Maryland State Police, you must appear in person at a Maryland State Police Barrack. At that time you must present a valid, government-issued, photo identification and a check or money order for $5.00 for each fingerprint card required (usually two are required). You will then have your fingerprints taken and those fingerprints will be checked against state and local databases. You will receive a response to our inquiry within a few weeks."

I just want to get them done, signed, and walk away with the card. Are they going to give me a hard time? Appreciate the info...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom