• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    True. My parents bought a lot in Showfield (Lewes) and are about 1500 feet from the Lewes-Reho canal. The house will have a basement and there is no height restriction there.

They'll have nat gas there as well. It would be nice to get it everywhere else. OC and Millsboro have it. It just has to make its way south of Lewes, north of OC and east of Millsboro..

I have 2 lots in Millville (2 miles west of Bethany) and if you dig about 5 feet down you hit water. So no basements there.

Lingo (Showfield) did a wonderful job on the barn and rehab the stables into a pool area. The lake will hold plenty of waterfowl and might be a haven for snow geese too. Just FYI, Schell Bros adding another 400 homes next to Senators along Gillsneck Rd which should have basements like Senators.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    We purchased a home at the Tidewater Landing development. Close enough to shopping and the beach to be convenient; close enough to kayaking and country roads when the beach traffic gets to be too much. Plus it has a basement so no downsizing needed (at least for the stuff that counts).

Isn't that the new Schell project, heard they sold many lots in just a few weeks, the local short cut down Plantation has been found by the tourist.

You're close to Hopkins Gun Shop, nice little shop, great folks and gunsmith services too.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    We purchased a home at the Tidewater Landing development. Close enough to shopping and the beach to be convenient; close enough to kayaking and country roads when the beach traffic gets to be too much. Plus it has a basement so no downsizing needed (at least for the stuff that counts).

That looks nice, I am going to have to check that area out.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Cape and Indian River HS's are both very good. My sister is a teacher at Georgetown ES.

That is good to hear. I have to look into those. Is there some good private HS's in the area that you know of? I can look them up, just wanted to see if you knew.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    That is good to hear. I have to look into those. Is there some good private HS's in the area that you know of? I can look them up, just wanted to see if you knew.

DMV Christian in Georgetown. http://dchs.me/

I don't know anyone that goes/went there. I can ask my sister if you'd like me to.

Unfortunately your choices are limited here. The average age here is ~47 vs. ~37 in AA County.

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/sussex-county-de/
    https://datausa.io/profile/geo/anne-arundel-county-md/

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    DMV Christian in Georgetown. http://dchs.me/

I don't know anyone that goes/went there. I can ask my sister if you'd like me to.

Unfortunately your choices are limited here. The average age here is ~47 vs. ~37 in AA County.

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/sussex-county-de/
    https://datausa.io/profile/geo/anne-arundel-county-md/

Thanks Adit! I will let you know if I need additional info. I don't want you to go through the trouble at this point. I am ok with that average age. :thumbsup:

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    We're retiring in a few years and thinking about moving to DE but somewhere closer to MD, maybe Newark, Glasgow, Bear, still be close to family in Maryland. Would have to be not in a development with covenants and fees, I'm not much on paying someone to tell me what I can and can't do with my own house/property. Starting the process of looking around now to learn what's good and bad and what prices are like.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Wife and I are looking to move in the spring with the thought of starting a small dog rescue. We currently live in Cecil County and are expecting this next move to be our forever home. We both still work full time jobs hers being in Wilmington and mine in Elkton. We are considering some properties in Kent County and southern New Castle County. With my 2A rights being in the back of my mind for the long haul is Delaware in a position to provide adequate protections to my rights over the long term? I don't believe Maryland to be the place I want to spend the rest of my life for this reason, and am not sure Pennsylvania is tax friendly enough.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Wife and I are looking to move in the spring with the thought of starting a small dog rescue. We currently live in Cecil County and are expecting this next move to be our forever home. We both still work full time jobs hers being in Wilmington and mine in Elkton. We are considering some properties in Kent County and southern New Castle County. With my 2A rights being in the back of my mind for the long haul is Delaware in a position to provide adequate protections to my rights over the long term? I don't believe Maryland to be the place I want to spend the rest of my life for this reason, and am not sure Pennsylvania is tax friendly enough.

AFAIK Delaware doesn't allow suppressors. Other than that, should be good.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep.

Attachments

• sileners legal by state.jpg
      sileners legal by state.jpg
      45.7 KB · Views: 145

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    We're retiring in a few years and thinking about moving to DE but somewhere closer to MD, maybe Newark, Glasgow, Bear, still be close to family in Maryland. Would have to be not in a development with covenants and fees, I'm not much on paying someone to tell me what I can and can't do with my own house/property. Starting the process of looking around now to learn what's good and bad and what prices are like.

Old post, I'd probably start looking at the C&D canal and keep going South at my own discretion.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Good news - Exponentially better than Md ( if you consider carry more important than NFA ) .

Bad News - Out of 4 bordering states , is distinctly fourth .

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Bad News - Out of 4 bordering states , is distinctly fourth .[/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand what you mean. And NFA isn't a deal breaker for me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Va , WV , Pa ( outside of Phila & handful of municipalities ) are simple and quick Shall Issue . DE requires cumbersome process , in state references , and advertising your intentions in newspaper of legal record .

But as long as you jump through all their hoops, you will eventually recieve a Permit, without requiring any flavor of G&S .

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Gotcha wasn't following what you were saying the first time the references are easy have lots of friends in Delaware and then there is the paper thing sucks but it sure is better than Maryland

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Thanks for the link very helpful. So it appears that delaware is similar to maryland in regards to shooting on private property. Good thing is we are only looking at properties with 10 or more acres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom