• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Assuming they can, why did they let it turn blue in the first place?

seems like pure voter apathy to me. that one version of the awb was put out i think last january or so, so we had some idea of what they were going to throw at us if they did win. and they did, and they are. i'm just hoping that all they folks that are feverishly supporting and gaining 2a sanctuary counties now, remember what's happening now when november comes.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    The frustrating part of this session is the assignment of proposed bills is slow, slower than previous sessions as I understand it. HB961 has not been assigned to committee yet, but my suspicion is it will be assigned to Courts of Justice. I've contacted them and they say it is still in the Speakers hands and no idea when it may be assigned. The Dems will most likely try and slide this through virtually unannounced. I'm thinking of going down tomorrow again and trying to speak with the Delegates or at least provide written testimony. fred55

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    seems like pure voter apathy to me. that one version of the awb was put out i think last january or so, so we had some idea of what they were going to throw at us if they did win. and they did, and they are. i'm just hoping that all they folks that are feverishly supporting and gaining 2a sanctuary counties now, remember what's happening now when november comes.

Wasn’t just voter apathy. The Dems has something like 15 seats that they were running for unopposed.
    You have to have someone in the race if you want to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Thought first ten were before pen to paper so supersedes the constitution and cannot be altered?

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    The headline is not just here. It is all over the web and is very misleading. I had to explain its incorrectness to many people today

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thought first ten were before pen to paper so supersedes the constitution and cannot be altered?

The bill of rights of the United States?

No those can of course be altered just like the constitution itself through the amendment process. That’s how they were added to begin with. Congress brings up and passes the amendment and 3/4ths of the states vote to approve it and it’s done. Or open a constitutional convention and then everything is on the table, not just the amendment in question.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Gun Confiscation Bill SB16 withdrawn in Senate . Nearly Identical Bill HB961 still looms in the House.

yeah when is the OP going to change this thread title?

well it's (hb961) slightly better in that it grandfathers AR's IF you register them.

but it's actually worse in that it bans most all magazines, if they have a flange at the bottom that could let them have attachments to get them over 10 rounds. frankly i can't think of any mags that don't, at least for the platforms i own (glock, sti, AR, hell even some bolt action aics mags).

also bans suppressors.

it is a VERY BAD bill for us.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+HB961+pdf

MykR0k

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 13, 2020
    yeah when is the OP going to change this thread title?

well it's (hb961) slightly better in that it grandfathers AR's IF you register them.

but it's actually worse in that it bans most all magazines, if they have a flange at the bottom that could let them have attachments to get them over 10 rounds. frankly i can't think of any mags that don't, at least for the platforms i own (glock, sti, AR, hell even some bolt action aics mags).

also bans suppressors.

it is a VERY BAD bill for us.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+HB961+pdf

It's changed!

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    How about?

The House version of SB16 is HB961
    I am not the OP so I cannot correct.
    OP changed title of thread as I suggested but it did not carry over in the main post page, so I was asking how he can correct it .

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I am not the OP so I cannot correct.
    OP changed title of thread as I suggested but it did not carry over in the main post page, so I was asking how he can correct it .

AIUI... Only the Mods can change the title once anyone has posted the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom