• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    most of the vendors are all set up for friday's when i've been there (and i'm going this afternoon). and unfortunately don't kid yourself re traffic, i've gone from there to the nra a couple times which is 5-10 miles and still half an hour or even worse.

Oh ok great, should be plenty to see then. Yeah that’s the direction I’m going so thanks for the head up. I always expect a nightmare down there traffic wise

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Back of the line when show opened Friday at 3

Back of the line when show opened Friday at 3

Attachments

• C6154E25-0873-40B2-B626-9D038A0F6EBA.jpg
      C6154E25-0873-40B2-B626-9D038A0F6EBA.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 298

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Sat in traffic all the way there, got there at 4 there was no line to get in thankfully. Sat in traffic again after I left. Came home with a cool gew 98 so pretty happy overall. Looked like a pretty good turnout, and a few deals to be had if you looked hard enough

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Long guns are buy and carry but someone told me that you need more than a driver's license. Passport or the like. True?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    show was pretty good this afternoon. pretty long line to get in when i got there around 3:20. i just hit the nra table outside and extended my membership another year, zero wait to get in by doing that, i save time and it's for a good cause. got bent over trading my glock 20 in for a canik tf9sfx with a vortex dot but hopefully i'll enjoy the new gun. met jimbobborg and we traded some $$ for a holster for his new blaster. place was full but not crowded, been there sometimes when people are stacked 2 - 3 deep at some of the vendors, not the case today.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Long guns are buy and carry but someone told me that you need more than a driver's license. Passport or the like. True?

Yeah I think it is Virginia law but I’m not positive. Usually your vehicle insurance card is ok but it can be anything with your address on it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Under Va law, certain long guns require two ID's .

I usually participate in these things on Saturdays , but one time I had other obligations and had to go Friday . It's pretty much as already said .

Leave way early, to arrive before rush hour starts .

The vendors are ready to roll at opening time .

Hang out until nearly closing time , unless you have local in Va post gun show plans .

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Last time I went to this show was in 2011. Wasn’t sure what to expect, but it seemed like a decent show.

Mix of modern stuff, tacticool, antiques, and hunting. Several huge dealers. No too many jerky/pickle/jewelry/crap sellers.

Many accessory dealers seemed aware that the internet exists and priced accordingly. Some still have no clue, probably similar to the % of buyers who don’t realize a dealer at a gun show can’t sell a gun to them for the same price they see online, and cover fees, taxe, etc.

Got my Glock magazines - $35 for 33rd, $25 for 17rd, both FDE.

Lots of PMAGs for $9-10 (Gen2), $13 (Gen3) and $14-15 (Gen3 Window).

Not many H&K parts. I did get a used A2 stock for $30 for my SBR stretching project.

Kinda wanted a $99 ATI Nomad single shot, but didn’t buy one.

Met & spoke with the guys at Maryland Shall Issue. :thumbsup:

Anybody find an amazing deal?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Are the ammo guys at the back of hall still there? They had a good deal on 147gr 9mm HSTs, comparable to online prices (about 40cents per).

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    So being an NRA member will help the line wait time. Is this true? If so....i guess that would not help me. I am a member but my wife is not.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    So being an NRA member will help the line wait time. Is this true? If so....i guess that would not help me. I am a member but my wife is not.

If you renew or join at the show you get free admission and don’t have to wait in line because you have a ticket to enter. Sign her up and renew yours for another year and you walk in. My buddy is at least 5 years ahead in paying for his renewals.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

By joining the NRA or renewing your membership, you get into the show for free and you get to skip the ticket line.
    Your NRA receipt, servers as your ticket.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

By joining the NRA or renewing your membership, you get into the show for free and you get to skip the ticket line.
    Your NRA receipt, servers as your ticket.

I've been an NRA life member for over 30 years. You may think that would count for something, but I get to wait in line, and pay the entrance fee, just like everybody else. :sad20:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Been a life member over 40yrs , and I'm ticked off about not getting a hat every year .

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Don't wear hats, they make you go bald. Just look, almost every guy that wears a ball cap is bald. I don't know why the medical profession does not warn people of that hazard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom