• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    This guy was run off by a bigger buck, he just ran into my direction.....

I had my best rutting observations on Monday, never witnessed the craziness like this before in all my hunting career, 9 different bucks in a span of 6 hrs.....

Beautiful rack. :thumbsup: I can only imagine what the larger brute looked like...

35kl43l.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I had my best rutting observations on Monday, never witnessed the craziness like this before in all my hunting career, 9 different bucks in a span of 6 hrs.....

Once again, you live up to your name! Outstanding deer Cap!

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

Look at the spread on that sucker. Congrats

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Who else is going whacking in this lovely weather?

I had a good hunt. Bucks were CRUISIN. Went out at 1pm, and saw some deer while walking to my stand. I turned around to take a different path, and when I got there, they had already beat me to it! One was out in a field about 100 yards from me, and the other was just at the wood line about 50 yards away. The one in the field was a buck, I could see that, but I didn't know how big. I hit the grunt call, and BOTH start heading straight for me. The close one ended up being a spike. He passed at 15 yards, while I'm standing on the ground with an arrow nocked. The second was a small six, and he passed at about 20 yards. I let them both walk, but it was pretty cool to have that close of an encounter at ground level.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I was out feeding the chickens this afternoon when I noticed buzzards swooping in and out of the back cornfield. Pretty sure of what I'd find I started cruising the rows and found a fairly recent half eaten carcass of an 8 pt buck. From the front shoulder on back was pretty well gone so it was hard to tell what killed it.

I've got another head to hang in the tree

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_164103_hdr.jpg
      IMG_20181116_164103_hdr.jpg
      109.2 KB · Views: 379

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    In my stand and hear a ruckus thought maybe a few doe or big buck making a rub.

And this little guy appears 20 yards from my stand.

Drank some water, digging in dead fall and renee around and walked away

Hold on he is back....

Attachments

• 20181118_082454.jpg
      20181118_082454.jpg
      100.3 KB · Views: 319

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Had some luck last weekend.

Looks like I wasn't the only one. Congrats to everyone, especially our junior hunters, for connecting this past weekend.

I thought about posting this in the "Pictures that scream you're a..." thread(not really, but the thought made evil clown smile come back).

:D

Dude, whose horse did you put an arrow through? That thing is massive. Don't think I have ever seen a deer with that big a body in Maryland. Look how thick that neck is from the rut. Congrats. Lots of other posts in this thread, but it will have to wait until I am in front of a computer. This phone stuff in a truck going 80 mph over concrete and bouncing up and down is TOUGH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom