• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I heard recently MSP has adopted a new rule on renewals. 14 days past expiration is the end of the grace period. Miss it and start the process from scratch. 16 hrs, fingerprints, etc. your ccw expiration date is the last day of your month of birth.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    If you have an hql you will not need finger prints again. I am unsure on training as i am exempt.

The take away from this is do not let your permit expire.

Nobody

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    If I had a CCW it would be the most important license I would have.
    Drivers license, #2.
    Why oh WHY would someone be late paying a CCW fee????

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I heard recently MSP has adopted a new rule on renewals. 14 days past expiration is the end of the grace period. Miss it and start the process from scratch. 16 hrs, fingerprints, etc. your ccw expiration date is the last day of your month of birth.

14 days past the expiration on the card? Where did you read/hear this?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I send them pretty much the same thing I sent them the first time , maybe one or two pieces more if I am asking for more . So to me it is the same thing .

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Can’t say anymore yet. Sorry for the drama.

What would be the benefit to extending the renewal past 14 days post expiration? You are required to send in the permit if it expires and you have not reapplied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most jurisdictions have a Grace period for most forms of licensing . ie After the expiration it is no longer valid to carry , but if you catch yourself and belatedly deal with it within X time period will still be a renewal, instead of a new application from scratch . A typical time period is 30days .

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Most jurisdictions have a Grace period for most forms of licensing . ie After the expiration it is no longer valid to carry , but if you catch yourself and belatedly deal with it within X time period will still be a renewal, instead of a new application from scratch . A typical time period is 30days .

That’s right. People forget to do things. Renewal is far easier than reapplying. There was a longer grace pd in effect; its now shorter. Not a critisism of MSP. Get your renewal in before the grace pd expires. And ifyou don’t do it within 90 days prior to expiration ( which is the MSP requested time frame to allow for processing) you may be without your license for a while.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Um, no. Requested time is only a request. And as long as no shortages and more than 14 days before expiration, your good till denied.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    That’s right. People forget to do things. Renewal is far easier than reapplying. There was a longer grace pd in effect; its now shorter. Not a critisism of MSP. Get your renewal in before the grace pd expires. And ifyou don’t do it within 90 days prior to expiration ( which is the MSP requested time frame to allow for processing) you may be without your license for a while.

You won’t be without the license. As long as the renewal is in, you carry on the expired license. It is expired, but still valid.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    You won’t be without the license. As long as the renewal is in, you carry on the expired license. It is expired, but still valid.

Not me that forgot. But i’d say a big risk. Even with the call before arresting.....

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not me that forgot. But i’d say a big risk. Even with the call before arresting.....

DismalThatAdamsstaghornedbeetle-max-1mb.gif

Where's Eruby when you need him?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Hell, I guess you would tell a cop that your permit was restricted and that they were listed on the back. As most non state police don't even know about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom