• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    :smoke:Before voting........:drunk:In the polling place........:rofl:While the rest of the country fumes.:puke:Once they wake up.....:bannana:Politicians reaction pulling the wool over on the voters.

Repeated every voting cycle.:sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    WOW, finally movement on the Senate side.

What happened? Did it get moved form the basket on the right side of the desk to the basket on the left side of the desk?

The Republicans are too afraid to do anything about this bill. I hope I'm wrong, but they haven't done anything this year to amount to an ant hill.

Without President Trump and his E-orders, this year would have been a Nuttenburger.

Let's see if anything changes in the last 3 months of this year. But I wouldn't bet on it.

I hope they prove me wrong.....

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    The first primary of the 2018 election is in February, with the majority of them in late spring/early summer.

Thanks for the civics lesson but I stand by my F' EM and vote out the incumbents.... ALL of the not just theirs but ours as well.

NOBODY

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks for the civics lesson but I stand by my F' EM and vote out the incumbents.... ALL of the not just theirs but ours as well.

NOBODY

It wasn't really a civics lesson, more of a date correction but you are welcome, I guess.

So if your Congressman, who has been in DC forever and a day, votes for this and it becomes law are you still going to vote against him or her whenever the primary happens? Or are you going to weigh their voting record with your values and then make a choice?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It wasn't really a civics lesson, more of a date correction but you are welcome, I guess.

So if your Congressman, who has been in DC forever and a day, votes for this and it becomes law are you still going to vote against him or her whenever the primary happens? Or are you going to weigh their voting record with your values and then make a choice?

It's funny to see polls that show Congress' approval so low yet if you poll each District, they're happy with their Congressman.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It's funny to see polls that show Congress' approval so low yet if you poll each District, they're happy with their Congressman.

Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of Congress critters who should be shown the door, regardless of how they vote on this bill. John McCain would top a long and distinguished list for example.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

Here in MD the first thing is the only one who might vote for this is Andy Harris. The rest are a solid HELL NO so even the need to think about looking at their voting record is laughable.

And finally yes even if their record is respectable then yes they would still need to be voted out.

Term Limits the Founders never wanted professional politicians, and neither do I.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here in MD the first thing is the only one who might vote for this is Andy Harris. The rest are a solid HELL NO so even the need to think about looking at their voting record is laughable.

And finally yes even if their record is respectable then yes they would still need to be voted out.

Term Limits the Founders never wanted professional politicians, and neither do I.

I wasn't speaking about just here in MD, there are members here from all over. But yes, here in MD I will vote against every one of the incumbents who represent me currently and I'm a big proponent of term limits.

That being said until term limits are the law I don't believe in voting against EVERY incumbent just because they are the incumbent.

I don't live in Kathy Szeliga's district, but I think she is doing a good job and represents her constituents well. Should she be primaried just because she's an incumbent?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I wasn't speaking about just here in MD, there are members here from all over. But yes, here in MD I will vote against every one of the incumbents who represent me currently and I'm a big proponent of term limits.

That being said until term limits are the law I don't believe in voting against EVERY incumbent just because they are the incumbent.

I don't live in Kathy Szeliga's district, but I think she is doing a good job and represents her constituents well. Should she be primaried just because she's an incumbent?

Yes every seat should be contested always, its the only way to ensure the "representative" continues to speak for people. If she is really doing that good of a job she should have nothing to worry about, right?

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

I'm also for term limits, but people like Kathy make that stance challenging. I've known her for almost 20 years and she is good for the state. At the end of the day, I think we have to push for people that are willing to vote to make term limits the law. Ron Paul is for term limits, but he was elected many times. You can't get the law changed without people that are willing to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom