• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    What? There's the bus and light rail police who are MDTA Mass Transit administration police and Maryland Transportation Authority Police MTAP who have statewide jurisdiction like state police. They used to be the "bridge police".

MTAP is the Maryland Transit Administration Police (bus / light rail police), and the MDTA is the MD Transportation Authority (tunnel / airport / bridge police). You had it backwards.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So if I get pulled over on the bay bridge or the ICC and I have a ERPO court order against me, does the officer know that when he checks my license and registration? To Blasters point about warrants, if I have an outstanding warrant the officer is going to arrest me right there right? I know that’s not serving a warrant but I can’t imagine they’d call another jurisdiction to make the arrest.

If you get stopped by the MDTA Officer (or any other LEO with arrest powers) and an open warrant for your arrest is found. That Officer can in fact serve that warrant... unless the warrant specifically states that you are to be arrested and processed in the jurisdiction of issue on the face of the warrant. In which case the Officer who stopped you will take you into custody and you will be extradited to the jurisdictional authorities as stated on the warrant... for the service of that warrant.

MDTA and MTAP both have arrest powers.

As to the question of processing for any EPRO... check with Departmental Policy of the Agency... as they may vary.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I drive it every day and only see MoCo PoPo. I think there is a fraction of a mile in PG on the eastern terminus

I drive the ICC frequently. While I occasionally see a Mo Co cruiser driving by me at a high rate of speed, on almost every trip I see the MTA Police either parked behind a sign waiting to catch someone or writing a ticket.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    This is what I love about MDS. Someone asks a simple question about whether EPRO's are on hold after the tragic AA shooting, and we get three pages of a pissing match over buses and tollways...

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    This is what I love about MDS. Someone asks a simple question about whether EPRO's are on hold after the tragic AA shooting, and we get three pages of a pissing match over buses and tollways...

Yea, as great as this forum can be all the thread drama really drags things down.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I drive the ICC frequently. While I occasionally see a Mo Co cruiser driving by me at a high rate of speed, on almost every trip I see the MTA Police either parked behind a sign waiting to catch someone or writing a ticket.

Yep, me too. I’ve seen them every time I’ve used the ICC except once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    The right thing to do would be to put these ERPO’s on hold but we can’t expect the left to do what’s right!

[YT]mQsvIQeEM6M[/YT]

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I feel for you folks behind enemy lines. The people passing this shit dont care about you or your families lives. Sadly at some point the pen will no longer be an option and all we will be left with is the sword. I pray for everyones sake it never comes to that.

Seems like this thread is all about deciphering the alphabet soup the OP spat out (...with maybe a typo or two).
    Normal letter writing protocol suggests the first time acronym is used, a fully spelled out version of the name be used first.

For example: United Parcel Service (UPS). Then one can use UPS throughout the document with clarity and confidence about what is being said - that way someone would not think some is talking about the Postal Service (USPS).

This thread is a perfect example of WHY this protocol exists.

Does everyone know there is no FBA (Federal Bureau of Acronyms) that registers and ensures unique acronyms are used throughout business and government?
    Now, one reason actors and actresses take names other than their own is to maintain the unique branding of oneself. The guild requires all actors/actresses not use a name already registered.
    Acronyms are not so controlled. The perfect example is Dr. vs Dr. One is a medical professional, and one is not.

Stop trying to seem smarter, more police-like, more militaristic than the rest of us "outside the know" and say what you flipping mean. Do you not wish a decent answer to your question? BE CLEAR with your QUESTION to get a CLEAR ANSWER.

No difference between this group and a bunch of children texting, misspelling words, and "speaking" in smileys. :)

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Seems like this thread is all about deciphering the alphabet soup the OP spat out (...with maybe a typo or two).
    Normal letter writing protocol suggests the first time acronym is used, a fully spelled out version of the name be used first.

For example: United Parcel Service (UPS). Then one can use UPS throughout the document with clarity and confidence about what is being said - that way someone would not think some is talking about the Postal Service (USPS).

Does everyone know there is no FBA (Federal Bureau of Acronyms) that registers and ensures unique acronyms are used throughout business and government?
    Now, one reason actors and actresses take names other than their own is to maintain the unique branding of oneself. The guild requires all actors/actresses not use a name already registered.
    Acronyms are not so controlled. The perfect example is Dr. vs Dr. One is a medical professional, and one is not.

Stop trying to seem smarter, more police-like, more militaristic than the rest of us "outside the know" and say what you flipping mean. Do you not wish a decent answer to your question? BE CLEAR with your QUESTION to get a CLEAR ANSWER.

No difference between this group and a bunch of children texting, misspelling words, and "speaking" in smileys. :)

Wow.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I could really care less what acronym the OP used. I understood what they meant. However reading down the thread it seemed to spiral into corrections about stupid acronym stuff just as you’re pointing out. So my response to the quoted post was only to say if you’re going to correct everyone and seem smarter, than you yourself should be correct. But I wasn’t trying to be rude about it, which would dilute the thread any further than what it already was.

Maybe I should have just stayed out of it.....

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

:shrug:

Clear AND rhetorical question:

WTH does this scolding of yours have to do with the actual topic of the OP?

NARON (no answer required or needed)

:rolleyes:

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Anyone could “care less”. The proper term, if one really means it is “could NOT care less”. I know I’m like the grammar police here, and have mentioned it in another thread; but please use the correct term

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom