• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My buddy was in the appeal queue and got a call from the MSP yesterday that he will be receiving a new permit by mail shortly.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Mine was mailed 8/6, check deposited by MSP 8/13, cleared my account 8/14. Nothing in the mailbox as of today.

If the MSPld remain consistent, you, me and divingraven should receive ours Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Gliderkit1 mailed his on the 5th, was in the system Aug 6th, his check cleared Aug 9th(4 days), he received his permit Aug 14th.
    sb22 was in the system Aug 6th and his checked cleared Aug 9th(4 days). He picked his up in person, so he saved the extra waiting time. He also got in the first day, so that helps:)

I was in the system on Aug 7th, Check cleared Aug 14th(5 days).

divingraven mailed Aug 6th, in the system Aug 7th. I assume his check cleared around the 14th.(5 days)
    br3krj mailed Aug 9th, System Aug 12th, check cleared Aug 16th(5 days)

It's been taking aprox (5) business days from being in the system to when the check is cleared for those of us who entered the system after the first day (Aug 6th).

Still nothing on mine yet. I signed up for that USPS notification you posted, it doesn’t appear that it is there today either. I think some of the earliest ones were before a big backlog was created. I’m betting any that were sent from 8/6 on, when the modification form was put out on MSP’s website will see a longer lag time with each passing day.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Still nothing on mine yet. I signed up for that USPS notification you posted, it doesn’t appear that it is there today either. I think some of the earliest ones were before a big backlog was created. I’m betting any that were sent from 8/6 on, when the modification form was put out on MSP’s website will see a longer lag time with each passing day.

It took three business days from the time I signed up for Informed delivery to start seeing the images. That said nothing from MSPld in my USPS images today. It looks like it took nine business days for GLOCLK FAN BOY to receive his permit from the check cash date and he was in on 8/6. I agree, since we were in on the 7th, we can expect longer than nine business days from check cash to permit in hand.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

About the same I mailed on the 7 th sent msp confirmed check was received check deposited Fri.or sat. Last week hoping its in the mail today or tomorrow

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    mailed request 8/8
    checked cashed 8/16
    Stevie called 8/22. She said MSP is issuing me an unrestricted permit and that she is taking me off the list to go before HPRB. I should receive it soon (I assume next early week)

GLOCK FAN BOY

Aug 21, 2019
    It took three business days from the time I signed up for Informed delivery to start seeing the images. That said nothing from MSPld in my USPS images today. It looks like it took nine business days for GLOCLK FAN BOY to receive his permit from the check cash date and he was in on 8/6. I agree, since we were in on the 7th, we can expect longer than nine business days from check cash to permit in hand.

Yes my uncle got his yesterday and his friend got his today.
    We all submit paperwork on 8/6.
    You guys permit should be in the mail!

Msp said it was 100 submitted on 1st day.
    So far it’s been over 2000 submitted. That’s what I heard.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I lost my High School Diploma , I didn't know she was my cousin, and the revised Wear & Carry Permit is in the mail .

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Yes my uncle got his yesterday and his friend got his today.
    We all submit paperwork on 8/6.
    You guys permit should be in the mail!

Msp said it was 100 submitted on 1st day.
    So far it’s been over 2000 submitted. That’s what I heard.

I got mine in around 10:30 am on the 7th, depending on when they process their mail I could be another 100 or so behind those that were in on 8/6.

Congrats to all who are now free from legal jeopardy!

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I got mine in around 10:30 am on the 7th, depending on when they process their mail I could be another 100 or so behind those that were in on 8/6.

Congrats to all who are now free from legal jeopardy!

Still not free here.
    Tin foil hat time, I wonder if Froshole is yanking some MSP chains to slow down issuance under the new guidelines, after finding out about the change.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Still not free here.
    Tin foil hat time, I wonder if Froshole is yanking some MSP chains to slow down issuance under the new guidelines, after finding out about the change.

I doubt it wouldn't accomplish anything. O'Malley and company tried slowing down the background checks in 2013 with the thought that by doing so, the ban date would pass and everyone waiting for their guns wouldn't be able to get them. Thankfully, the courts felt differently.

Nothing like that is possible for Frosh, so slowing down the process would be pointless. Of course, Frosh is a major POS, so anything is possible:)

This Monday is the 9th business day for us, which is how long GLOCK FAN BOY's took after check being cashed, but I am not holding my breath on us only taking 9 days.:(

Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    I got the same notification from USPS this morning - based on the postage rate - slightly more than a regular letter (assuming new permit inside) - my permit will be here today as well - it took exactly 10days from when my check posted(includes weekend)- free at last!!!!

Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    Permit in Hand - dropped application off in person 8/7
    Check clears 8/15
    Permit in Hand 8/24 via mail

Restrictions- none

The End!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members