View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:20 PM #7

The idea is just to be fair to everybody and give everyone a chance to keep their stuff in the limelight for at least a little while before it gets bumped. While we don't run the site for classifieds, we do realize that buying, trading, and selling is a big part of our hobby so we try to keep it as functional as possible for everyone. All that being said, we have to work within the confines of what the classified software can do as well. I think we're pretty liberal about the site's classified policies even under this new rule. If you look at some other boards, like one very popular C&R-type gun forum that a lot of us Mosin Nagant types frequent, they have a rule to combine all ads into one for either firearms or non-firearms related stuff. We don't want to be that strict here, but five seems like a happy medium to balance things between the guys who sell a lot of stuff and the guys who may only sell something very occasionally, but still want to sell it just as much as the regular users.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.