• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    The Maryland Shall Issue folks deserve a vote of thanks on this one. They sent lots of letters and arranged many visits with legislators and senators, where the folly of disbanding that Review Board was the main topic. So THANKS!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    was taken out in above post.

other post says only chance is SCOTUS in June ? I have nothing to offer and talk too much. Can't find my charcoal either!

You think you talk to much? Pleassssssssssssssssssse. That is my award, and my award only. You are going to have to go find another award.

Maybe you can win the "too serious" award, but I'm in the running for that too. lol

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    was taken out in above post.

other post says only chance is SCOTUS in June ? I have nothing to offer and talk too much. Can't find my charcoal either!

June 2020. SCOTUS hears at least one case (NYSRPA) in Oct 2019 term, maybe more, opinions are all issued before end of June. SOme OCt opinions are released as early as Jan, depends on how long the opinion is.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    You think you talk to much? Pleassssssssssssssssssse. That is my award, and my award only. You are going to have to go find another award.

Maybe you can win the "too serious" award, but I'm in the running for that too. lol
    :lol2: I almost did not respond to your quote so I would not be tied up reading your next post! Yes, landslide decision. hahaha. Enjoy your weekend Fabs.

June 2020. SCOTUS hears at least one case (NYSRPA) in Oct 2019 term, maybe more, opinions are all issued before end of June. SOme OCt opinions are released as early as Jan, depends on how long the opinion is.
    Thanks, I am hopeful they will start to take some 2A cases ... and a little nervous. :fingerscrossed:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I have little to no faith that the SC will give us the ruling we desire, I hope they prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The Maryland Shall Issue folks deserve a vote of thanks on this one. They sent lots of letters and arranged many visits with legislators and senators, where the folly of disbanding that Review Board was the main topic. So THANKS!

Thank you!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We have 7 months to get the word out that Democrats, who have fought for civilian review boards of the police, actually passed a bill to end a civilian review board of the police.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And leave it to the Fredneck Fakenews Post to sensationalize and falsify this issue. Headline makes it seem he vetoed regulations when he only vetoed the bill disbanding the Review Board.

Attachments

• 2E44B6A5-2226-4582-A14D-F727E11DF727.jpg
      2E44B6A5-2226-4582-A14D-F727E11DF727.jpg
      22.3 KB · Views: 384
    • 3B1D1149-3EF2-47E8-87FA-A1C57148F1F0.jpg
      3B1D1149-3EF2-47E8-87FA-A1C57148F1F0.jpg
      32.7 KB · Views: 376

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The negativity surprises me in that this is one plus for our side. The people who are negative IMHO need to get off their asses. show up at rallies and call democratic legislators. and tell them you are not going to take it. People who complain are just falling into the opposition hands. I wonder how many of our members actually took the time to pick up the phone or emial. Get your big boys pants on and put up a fight or go sell your guns and go play golf.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Interestingly, Hogan is playing up the Veto and using it to call out the GA for focusing on that instead of the crime problem in Baltimore.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Interestingly, Hogan is playing up the Veto and using it to call out the GA for focusing on that instead of the crime problem in Baltimore.

Glad he finally noticed. I wonder what, if anything, he can actually do about it.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Glad he finally noticed. I wonder what, if anything, he can actually do about it.

I expect he only "noticed" because he's a term limited governor with delusions of grandeur, and his political calculus has determined that he requires a more conservative stance on a few things if he wants to be relevant in a primary challenge to an incumbent Republican president. If/when that pipe dream returns to the smoke from whence it came, there's always the Senate in 2022, by which time his flirtation with conservatism might be forgotten by the blue electorate of the People's Republic.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Yeah, I can see that being a good way to play this. I thought about this earlier today while driving. If this was just about HPRB, then it would be akin to two people fighting over a trophy whitetail that they both claim they shot. End of the day, the whitetail is worthless, but the story and bragging rights would continue on forever. With MSP appealing everything to OAH, I find the HPRB to be the same as the worthless whitetail. However, if Hogan can spin it to show that the Maryland General Assembly is more interested in fighting over worthless whitetails, versus actually solving the crime problem in Baltimore and putting the really bad criminals in prison for a long, long time, then this might actually be worth something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom