Fire Mission WE Need Plaintiffs in D.C.!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Patriots I need your help.

Patriot Lawyer George Lyon who was a plaintiff in Palmer and the lead lawyer in the D.C. taser litigation is getting ready to challenge D.C. Metro's ban on carrying on the subways. He can't do it alone. Do we have some people on here that have carry permits, would be willing to be a plaintiff and who ride the metro on a regular basis?

This is George's work email. Please respond to this thread and contact George there.

gll@arsenalattorneys.com

Last edited:

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I have a carry permit and ride metro.

Can you give a high-level overview of what this will entail?

Most likely it would involve a few hours on the phone at the beginning of the case and a few more in the middle to answer questions. and at most one day of being deposed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to clarify , WMATA aka Metro ,does NOT have a ban on the public ( aka non- employee, non- contractors ) carrying on Metro . The District of Columbia has a Statute generally prohibiting it .

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Just to clarify , WMATA aka Metro ,does NOT have a ban on the public ( aka non- employee, non- contractors ) carrying on Metro . The District of Columbia has a Statute generally prohibiting it .
    WMATA asked for the law.

I know several employees that carried even though it was not permitted.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Do the plaintiffs need to have DC permits, or is Virginia ok?

They have to be able to legally carry in D.C. and ride on the D.C. metro on a regular basis. George Lyon is the lawyer for this case. I am just finding plaintiffs. I'd ask him.

Last edited:

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Hopefully you are planning on including DC’s ban on Metro Bus and other “public transport” in the complaint as well, and not just Metro Rail within the city.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Hopefully you are planning on including DC’s ban on Metro Bus and other “public transport” in the complaint as well, and not just Metro Rail within the city.

You have to speak to George Lyon. He is the attorney in this case. I am just helping him get plaintiffs.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    QUOTE=swinokur. The statute includes any public transportation vehicle, which includes Metrobus

From MPD web page... A public transportation vehicle, including the Metrorail transit system and its stations./QUOTE

Wonder how a transit vehicle is a station. Seems vague.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    You are correct. Current DC law currently excludes all flavors of public transportation. That is problematic for city folk like me that do not own a personal vehicle.

it basically means you have to take lyft and uber right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom