• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    anyone have one or shot one?
    theres one at a local shop. but i'm hesitant to "pull the trigger".:rolleyes:

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    You'll hear some folks saying that it mis-feeds, jams, etc. I have had two and the key to their reliability is to use ONLY steel lipped mags and good, fast ammo. I use CCI stingers or Mini-Mags in mine and very rarely have feed /jamming problems. It might happen once in every 300 rounds or so. I can live with that.. They are also more accurate then you might expect. Lastly it's a fun gun to have and frequently makes it to the range and gets a lot of attention because of it's looks and loudness.. It sounds like much more then .22LR... If the price is right, get it. If you don't, let me know where it is, I wouldn't mind having another..

P.S. they bumpfire very nicely.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i did not here good things about intratec at all. there guns would occasionaly full auto. the brand was subject to allot of criticism for marketing to criminal type groups. all my info is second hand though so take it with a grain of salt.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i dont know the laws about posting pictures from this site, but you might want to check out the rimfire picture thread- post 3

if this dont make you want a brace then i dont know what will :party29:

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Some inspiration... The space remaining on the left side of the case is where the suppressor will go... :)

Attachments

• Tec-22 052.jpg
      Tec-22 052.jpg
      97.9 KB · Views: 1,136
    i did not here good things about intratec at all. there guns would occasionaly full auto. the brand was subject to allot of criticism for marketing to criminal type groups. all my info is second hand though so take it with a grain of salt.

Lots of engineers at various firearm companies spend a LOT of time trying to design guns that fire automatically, and here you go dumping on one for doing it out of it's own accord?:D At least the gun is taking some innitiative!

I'm part of that "crimminal-type group" being marketed to. White. Male. Conservative. Fringe political party. Prior military. Constitutionalist. Terror suspect. All around bad mutha@&%$#.

Tec 22's are neat. I wanna find one, one day, but it's not a priority right now.

nuevara

Apr 28, 2012
    My intratec tec 22

When I first got the pistol, I had problems with it. Steel feed lip magazines (Ruger BX 25), high velocity round nosed ammo (CCI mini mags) and keeping it clean help it out.

Here's a video of my son shooting it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-IYanTYmI

No problems now. Still jams from time to time, but it's like once or twice every 500 or so round. 22 ammo is dirty after all.

Looks like this now:

DSC02352.jpg

Got mine for $300 at my local pawn shop and if you're ever looking parts I found this site: www.sksparts.com
    Haven't used them yet though. Fun little pistol and I get a lot of looks and comments the way it is now.

Last edited:

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    i don't want to sound like a no it all, but have you check to see if your forward grip is legal?

i thought putting a forward grip on a pistol makes it an NFA AOW. before you can do this, you must file a BATF Form 1.

there are many members on this forum, who will know.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I worked P/T for an armorred car service back in the early 90's... The range master/ firearms trainer had a Tec 9..He was a Balto. City Cop.... It was Full Auto (after some modification from him) go figure.....

When I qualified to get my permit he let me shoot it, and a few other toys he had in a locker in the range. What a blast! (no pun) It was the first time I had shot anything full auto. I emptied 2 magazines in some ridiculous time..

Not the Tec 22 but still cool to shoot!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Gaius Baltar said:
    i don't want to sound like a no it all, but have you check to see if your forward grip is legal?

i thought putting a forward grip on a pistol makes it an NFA AOW. before you can do this, you must file a BATF Form 1.

Agreed. This is an AOW. Take the forward grip off ASAP and send the BATF $5 to make it legit.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Not trying to be a smartarse but buy the real thing instead. It doesn't jam......ever.

P1070564.jpg

P.S. Yes, this is a registered SBR.

nuevara

Apr 28, 2012

I need to get educated. Had to look up all the abbriviations. I was unaware this was illegal without the proper paperwork. Removing it now. Thanks for the heads up. It would have been bad showing up at the firing range with it or worst explaining it to an officer. Still looks good without it.

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    I need to get educated. Had to look up all the abbriviations. I was unaware this was illegal without the proper paperwork. Removing it now. Thanks for the heads up. It would have been bad showing up at the firing range with it or worst explaining it to an officer. Still looks good without it.

no problem. hang around, read, ask questions (doesn't matter if it is simple or not) and the knowledge will stay with you for a lifetime. be safe and shoot straight!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom