• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Funny how I didn't even see the hammer color. Slide release darker as well. Added some more pics. Any idea about the stampings?

These are really nice. I didnt get mine from CMP but really respect these guns whether they are rebuilt or not.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I went with the field grade on the advice of the rep when I called in after I was picked. Am pretty pleased with what I got. Especially the age. I didn't want a refinished gun. To me, that reduced the originality. It has definitely seen use. Doesn't appear to have ever been re-armored/re-finished but I'm no expert. Has a number 4 in paint and stamped and all parts colt. By SN this was a run of 33,814 manufactured in 1917.
    Nice one.

Q

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!! All those who are waiting on the call from CMP for your 1911!! I received my call today. I am RGN 15,443

Nice, keep the faith folks. I have a feeling they received additional units, and are filling the applications first before going to auctions or a second round.

Q

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I got a email last night asking for more info and i called them today to confirm they got it all. paid over phone today so i will see a service grade soon.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well ain’t that just dandy! No more packets being sent. Hopefully only until they catch up. Notice the last few sentences. Hope nobody used GR!

Attachments

• 807EA472-E846-448D-9C8E-681B25F0E3B0.jpg
      807EA472-E846-448D-9C8E-681B25F0E3B0.jpg
      94.2 KB · Views: 382

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Well ain’t that just dandy! No more packets being sent. Hopefully only until they catch up. Notice the last few sentences. Hope nobody used GR!

That is because they stopped accepting orders for 1911's in 2018. These people have been waiting for almost two years for the gun they ordered in September 2018.
    CMP will stop accepting orders at the end of business on 4 October 2018.

Read the rest of the page and you will see how the sale was organized and they said at the time they would not accept new orders until all of the first round orders were filled. I got mine about a year ago, Thanks to the luck of the random number generator.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    That is because they stopped accepting orders for 1911's in 2018. These people have been waiting for almost two years for the gun they ordered in September 2018.

Read the rest of the page and you will see how the sale was organized and they said at the time they would not accept new orders until all of the first round orders were filled. I got mine about a year ago, Thanks to the luck of the random number generator.

thats me, i put my packet in right away and just got a call

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here's a dumb question; when this hits the FFL is there a 7 day wait, or just a background check and then off you go? I mean is this just the same as if I ordered some new 1911 off of GrabAGun? But no HQL, right?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Here's a dumb question; when this hits the FFL is there a 7 day wait, or just a background check and then off you go? I mean is this just the same as if I ordered some new 1911 off of GrabAGun? But no HQL, right?

My FFL did the 7-Day, just like any other pistol/handgun purchase, with the HQL.

Q

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mine is apparently a Union Switch & Signal 1911A1; FWIW.

I snapped this close-up

FJA is Frank J. Atwood. "Found on Remington Rand and Ithaca 1911A1s (entire production)." So this is an Remington Rand frame? I really am not an expert on the finer details of a 1911A1.

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
      IMG_0856.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 234

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

I snapped this close-up

FJA is Frank J. Atwood. "Found on Remington Rand and Ithaca 1911A1s (entire production)." So this is an Remington Rand frame? I really am not an expert on the finer details of a 1911A1.

It is either a Remington Rand or Ithaca frame with a Union switch slide on it. RR or Ithaca depends on serial number. FJA was for either RR or Ithaca, if it was a US&S frame it would have RCD inside a circle in the same spot. Still a nice acquisition with CMP provenance.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia

I snapped this close-up

Nice mixed piece. Still a piece of history.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom