• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The fact that you would get defensive about someone expressing a personal preference different than yours suggests some sort of insecurity about your Turkish shotgun.

Whatever it is, erwos is right about the LOP. It’s like an A2 stock, just longer than your average person needs. It’s a shame, because the stock seems to have a decent recoil pad.
    Or I was trying to be funny. Shooter’s choice.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I am going to give this optic a try:

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-rotary-knob-25mm-microdot-with-acss-5.56-reticle

I’ll be curious to see if the holds they published for 12 gauge with that reticle actually remotely relate to reality, but if they do it’ll be awesome. If they don’t, it’s still a big donut of death with a finer aiming point for slugs. It’s a shame that I can only seem to find interesting reticles like this in Chinese optics, because I would happily give my money to companies selling products from Non China countries. Except the LED emitters and other circuitry would still have about a 99% likelihood of being from China. And I’m definitely posting this from a Chinese made phone, so I guess I’ll get off my oddly specific soapbox now.
    That looks really neat.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The 14.5” LOP prevents most shooters from getting their eye correctly positioned behind the rear ghost ring sight.

Ghost rings don’t work right if your eye is too far from it. If the eye is too far from it, it tries to focus on the rear sight and blurs out the front sight. ( your eye can only focus on one plane at a time )

This is why LOP is critical.

Just like on an AR , nose to charging handle rule.

You can’t do that comfortably if the stock is too long.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    From Battlehawk and confirmed it is the shotgun?
    If yes, I will place my order. (They are cheaper than a mom and pop's FFL cost)

Yes from Battlehawk but nothing confirmed because I haven’t laid eyes on it. I’ll post pics next time SCSG is open for my to pick it up.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I was hoping for a shipping notice from Battlehawk on my SDS S4 order from 1/12, but nothing yet. I was hoping to have it mid next week to use it next weekend. Looks like that's going to be unlikely. This is part of the problem with ordering and FFL transfers, no instant gratification! :gun3:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I’m at the FFL and this is what they sent me. I blame Trump

Attachments

• 9A0708CD-1898-4EE8-823B-ECF8936A38A8.jpg
      9A0708CD-1898-4EE8-823B-ECF8936A38A8.jpg
      49.9 KB · Views: 153

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I’m at the FFL and this is what they sent me. I blame Trump

Oh shit, really?? They specifically asked for an FFL and held my shipment until they received it. We've got some real wires crossed here. Argh, this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. I guess I should've waited for your order to come in. :banghead:

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    If it makes you guys feel better, everyone else who ordered one of those “magazines” from Battlehawk ended up with an SDS S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom