• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ah. I understand now. My form 3 was approved and my can is on the way to my Silencer Shop FFL. This should be a interesting journey for automation.

Have they started trialing electronic form 4s? I haven’t heard any updates, but I thought we were looking at this summer for that.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No they haven't. The ATF doesn't have the server capacity to handle that kind of load.

If only.

Well, my hope is that either Chippman never gets confirmed or at least my 30 cal can breaks NFA jail before it happens. I just don't see him "helping" with getting NFA approvals speed up. If anything the opposite.

Well, my real help is they release their electronic form 4 process this summer. Of course for most people that is the biggest issue. I don't like swallowing $200 each time, but honestly if I could get a can after a 30-60 day wait (or hey, over the counter would be REAL nice) would be much less an impediment. Not sure because I hate the wait, if I make a mistake on what I bought, well if I sell it to another guy, we both know we are looking at just a few weeks wait at worst, not half a year or a year.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Just got the call, my F4i came back from 11-5-2020 for a Rugged Oculus, will post up approval date and stuff soon as I can pick it up

F4 individual
    Suppressor
    10-30-2020 paperwork mailed
    11-5-2020 pending
    4-5-2021 approved
    4-16-2021 stamp at dealer
    151 days pending to approve
    11 days to get stamp to my dealer in PA

Last edited:

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    According to Jen at ATF/NFA call centerjust now. My F4e started 11/18/20 and has a 7month wait. Although many in the same time period have gotten the call.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    According to Jen at ATF/NFA call centerjust now. My F4e started 11/18/20 and has a 7month wait. Although many in the same time period have gotten the call.

no way to really know till it clears, but seems about 150 days currently. I called on the 1st, was told "pending, they have been running 6-12 months", ended up approved 4 days later after a total of 5 months. The Redit NFA Forum is the most accurate way to predict that I know of, at least 10 entries a day with duration info for the various forms.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Anyone know if form 4s from December are coming back yet? I'm itching to get my hands on my hybrid, and am about to go back down the rabbit hole for a salvo K

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom