• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Hi all,

My mother-in-laws' boyfriend let me borrow this to try out at the range. I'm thinking about purchasing it, depending on how it shoots.

Its a Hawes Firearms Western Six Shooter .22 mag / .22 LR. It has two different cylinders, one for each caliber.

The bluing is faded on the barrel and down the ejector rod casing, mostly from holster wear. The action is extremely smooth, and the hammer snaps if you think the word "squeeze" hard enough (ie extremely sensitive trigger).

Seems like a nicely built gun, very solid, but the one grip is broken (plastic) by having the bottom front corner broken off.

I have no idea what its worth, or how it shoots. Would it be prudent to take to a gunsmith first before range-testing it? I'm leaning towards this....

Anyway, on to the good stuff: pics!

102_1540.jpg

102_1539.jpg

102_1538.jpg

102_1537.jpg

102_1536.jpg

102_1532.jpg

102_1530.jpg

Its a pretty neat little gun, and i'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots.

Cheers.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It should be safe but I would have it checked out out of an abundance of caution. You may want to check the bluebook value on that before you talk about buying.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hawes revolvers are inexpensive but functional firearms. I think they were on par with the Lorcins of the semi-auto world. Built heavy out of weaker metal yet still functional. Without any external sgns of distress I would shoot the thing seeing how it is only a .22.

I wouldn't give over $150ish for this revolver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom