• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    On Oct. 25, the Fourth Circuit will hear oral argument in this case involving the refusal of Maryland to recognize the 2A amendment rights of a Maryland resident whose 2A rights were restored by a VA court order after his conviction of a non-violent felony in VA 10 years ago. Briefs attached.

Attachments

• Hamilton.Brief of appellants.pdf
      1.3 MB · Views: 467
    • Hamilton.Reply Brief.pdf
      1.2 MB · Views: 416

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Once again MSP and that steaming pile of Frosh get it wrong in denying a person with a US GOV Security Clearance and is armed who has had his full 2A rights restored to him denying him a chance to get a long gun and a handgun for the home because he is still a felon when that is not the case at all!!!.. It goes to show that MSP and the AG is very very anti 2A.This is one case that will be interesting to listen to and see how they rule.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Hopefully, this raises the lower bar for firearms ownership rights in the 4th circuit, just before the HQL lawsuit reaches that stage.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    On Oct. 25, the Fourth Circuit will hear oral argument in this case involving the refusal of Maryland to recognize the 2A amendment rights of a Maryland resident whose 2A rights were restored by a VA court order after his conviction of a non-violent felony in VA 10 years ago. Briefs attached.

I did not see this posted, it would be between the two above PDFs, I was thrown off a bit when reading the Reply... Then I looked again!

RESPONSE BRIEF by Appellees Brian E. Frosh and William L. Pallozzi

Attachments

• Hamilton.Response Brief appelles.pdf
      473.8 KB · Views: 346

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I did not see this posted, it would be between the two above PDFs, I was thrown off a bit when reading the Reply... Then I looked again!

RESPONSE BRIEF by Appellees Brian E. Frosh and William L. Pallozzi

Thanks for that. I had meant to include Frosh's brief and simply missed it. Of course, it is rather hard to read and tends to make people ill, so perhaps the omission was intentional on some subconscious level.....

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Latest oral arguments posted are from 9/23. Looks like we may have to wait a while.

You will have to wait until tomorrow when they post the audio for today as they have stated on their website. The last oral arguments were from 9/23 so they are current as of today.

Master_P

May 27, 2015
    Wow they were really tough on Gura. From what I gathered, it sounded like they view any felony conviction - or at least a mala in se/non-regulatory conviction - can result in a lifetime ban.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom