• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not sure how we got on the refrigerated trucks in the postal thread (lol, maybe it was me, haven't checked), but it might have had an impact on Trump ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5c21f2-7215-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

Trump said he was convinced by data modeling presented to him by two physicians advising him on the pandemic — Anthony S. Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Deborah L. Birx, the White House coronavirus task force coordinator — that the death rate in this country probably will not peak for another two weeks.

“Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the victory is won,” Trump said at his evening news conference. “That would be the greatest loss of all.”

The prospect of 2 million deaths seemed to stick with Trump because he repeated the statistic 16 times at Sunday’s news conference.

But something else haunted Trump ...

This time, it was images of New York’s Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, where the president grew up — a facility he said he knows so well that he can picture the color of its exterior walls and the size of its windows.

“I’ve been watching that for the last week on television body bags all over in hallways,” Trump said. “I have been watching them bring in trailer trucks, freezer trucks — they are freezer trucks because they can’t handle the bodies, there are so many of them. This is essentially in my community in Queens — Queens, New York. I have seen things I’ve never seen before. I mean, I’ve seen them, but I’ve seen them on television in faraway lands.”

He added, “These are trucks that are as long as the Rose Garden and they are pulling up to take out bodies, and you look inside and you see the black body bags. You say, ‘What’s in there? It’s Elmhurst Hospital, must be supplies.’ It’s not supplies; it’s people.”

... And Trump on Sunday said for the first time that a friend, whom he did not name, is struggling to fight the disease.

“He’s a little older and he’s heavy, but he’s a tough person, and he went to the hospital and a day later he’s in a coma,” Trump said. “I go, ‘How’s he doing?’ ‘Sir, he’s in a coma. He’s unconscious. He’s not doing well.’ The speed and the viciousness, especially if it gets the right person, it’s horrible. It’s really horrible.”

I didn't realize the hospital, which last week had 13 COVID-19 deaths in a 24 hour period, was one that Trump was intimately familiar with since his youth.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks for the link. Very unsafe conditions to work under ...

“We are rationed personal protective equipment to absurdity,” the nurse said. He said they were given “one disposable mask and one disposable gown that we must sign out for, that is expected to be used for five 12-hour shifts before they will be replaced.”

So we are back to the 1800s where surgeons wore the same gown for multiple patients.

BRILLIANT.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    I haven’t had time to read through this entire thread. The Ben Shapiro podcast from today had a good solution to this problem. It’s at the end of today’s podcast. Bravo Compay Manufacturing is a sponsor on his show.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    Variation on that theme: I spray down the exterior with hydrogen peroxide and then leave packages out on the porch for a few hours. Any mail stays in the mailbox until the next morning. Not perfect, but 12+ hours should be OK.

I have a UV-C bulb incoming and will be setting up a decontamination area in the garage. When I have to head out for things like groceries the jacket and shoes and pants will come off and lay them down in front of the bulb. Leave out there until the next day. I'm retired, at risk, and nothing needs to happen in a hurry so slow motion.

Also have n95 masks, face shield, and gloves if it really gets bad out there.
    My daughter is an RN and a CEN. She advised me to wipe packages down and open them outside - don't bring the boxes into the house. Wash hands after handling the boxes.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I haven’t had time to read through this entire thread. The Ben Shapiro podcast from today had a good solution to this problem. It’s at the end of today’s podcast. Bravo Compay Manufacturing is a sponsor on his show.

What was the solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom