• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Seems like one helluva deal. $400 for a gen 2 18" upper, $180 for a complete gen 2 lower with an MOE stock. Thoughts?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For under 6, as long as the receivers aren't completely FUBAR - I'd be tempted to just gut it out and rebuild with my own selected parts.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Love mine! Got one of their stripped uppers on sale and a 20 inch upper. My plans to swap the barrel pretty much went out the window once I got a scope mounted/zeroed. I was getting groups at 100 yds with a mix of lake city, and freedom munitions that could be covered with a quarter. For someone looking for an AR10 on a budget, PSA's can't be beat!

Attachments

• ar10.jpg
      ar10.jpg
      83 KB · Views: 421

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    Just put one together. 18". They will not ship complete lower to MD. They would send stripped lower and you have to get the parts and put together yourself. The parts that are specific to PSA AR 10 are bolt catch, mag catch, take down and pivot pin. The rest are mil spec AR parts. I bought the polished trigger group from them. Surprised how nice it is. I just got it put together the other day. Scoped it with a bushnell AR 308 4.5-18x40. Actually fired it for the first time today out back just to zero it. Just used some PMC 147gr I got from PsA also for 12.99 per box. Everything worked well, no issues. I'll get some better ammo and see what it can do. But with the complete rifle and scope, mount, bipod I'm into it for like $800 maybe a few dollars more or less. For that price for a paper puncher, it was a no brainer.

Attachments

• IMG_4965.jpg
      IMG_4965.jpg
      40.4 KB · Views: 351
    Good luck getting PSA to ship complete lowers to MD.

They wouldn't ship to my dealer even after he sent them the law.

They would ship stripped an complete rifles.

Just put one together. 18". They will not ship complete lower to MD. They would send stripped lower and you have to get the parts and put together yourself. The parts that are specific to PSA AR 10 are bolt catch, mag catch, take down and pivot pin. The rest are mil spec AR parts. I bought the polished trigger group from them. Surprised how nice it is. I just got it put together the other day. Scoped it with a bushnell AR 308 4.5-18x40. Actually fired it for the first time today out back just to zero it. Just used some PMC 147gr I got from PsA also for 12.99 per box. Everything worked well, no issues. I'll get some better ammo and see what it can do. But with the complete rifle and scope, mount, bipod I'm into it for like $800 maybe a few dollars more or less. For that price for a paper puncher, it was a no brainer.

The FFL needs to order the complete lower themselves. "We" cannot order them and have them sent to our FFL.
    MD resident goes to MD FFL and hands them money for complete lower. FFL orders from PSA. Complete lower arrives and MD FFL does federal paperwork for MD resident.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    The FFL needs to order the complete lower themselves. "We" cannot order them and have them sent to our FFL.
    MD resident goes to MD FFL and hands them money for complete lower. FFL orders from PSA. Complete lower arrives and MD FFL does federal paperwork for MD resident.

FFL tried, still a no go.

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    Yes, I tried that as well. PSA would not ship the complete lower to the FFL, even if they ordered. The customer service folks understood my frustration, but it is their company policy. I just went through this process the last few weeks. It does seem ridiculous, send me all the parts I need, just not put together.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Anyone have a PSA upper I can see if it fits my Lower? PSA won't commit to it working, they just say, only fits their lowers... Please send a PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom