• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Three (including me) self imposed qausi-perma-bans lifted in a matter of a mere month or so. There is sufficient evidence that the self imposed bans are as, if not more effective than forced.

Somewhere out there in the left lane LR weeps.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I'm going to lift my own self imposed ban, as well, to answer the above.

The state level NRA Organization is the MSRPA, and you replied to their legislative liason.
    And, as I said in my initial response, money is a significant issue when it comes to retaining counsel and filing lawsuits.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    We need NRA money or even GoFundMeMoney to bank for legal fights . I am not savvy on such things but money in a trust or something like that .

Also a local chapter of the NRA exist what the hell are they doing , who is taking this new system and preparing a defense ???

Is anyone doing the job ???

Since you asked what the hell we (MSRPA) are doing - using strictly volunteer labor (actually, at the expense of using my PTO to be with my family), I spend hundreds of hours each month reviewing legislation, determining strategies for testimony to protect the 2A, and attempting to keep track of lawsuits at various levels. I am not a lawyer, just a passionate defender of the Constitution. I try to be as judicious as possible with the limited funds of our membership, frequently spending my own money in order to avoid depleting the organization's funds to accomplish a mostly thankless job.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What is the normal funding route to MSRPA? Direct donations to that entity, or is it better for it to be laundered through the NRA, or Friends Of The NRA raffles/events in MD ... or ... ? Not sure how all of those pieces fit together. Because the MD agenda (for us) is so specific and important, would like to make sure that I understand the least-burdened-with-overhead mechanism by which to chip my pizza's worth into the most useful coffer(s).

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Since you asked what the hell we (MSRPA) are doing - using strictly volunteer labor (actually, at the expense of using my PTO to be with my family), I spend hundreds of hours each month reviewing legislation, determining strategies for testimony to protect the 2A, and attempting to keep track of lawsuits at various levels. I am not a lawyer, just a passionate defender of the Constitution. I try to be as judicious as possible with the limited funds of our membership, frequently spending my own money in order to avoid depleting the organization's funds to accomplish a mostly thankless job.

Okay fair enough , if you guys are part of the NRA or affiliated i see and understand to a certain degree . I Thank You for doing what you do . What can i do ??? do you have fundraisers or ways to get money from the main org ??

The problem is this , not only has the state been taking a huge dump on citizens of Maryland for years now they are dumping on citizens that have been playing by the rules and have G&S . Now that the HPRB has been slapping the pee-pees of the MSP the state & MSP get together along with the AG office to devise a new scheme to make persons already approved jump thru yet more hoops .

In case nobody is watching they are going to win if we let them .

How can I help you network or to meet you and try to get this worked out , is there something that will make a difference . ???

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Three (including me) self imposed qausi-perma-bans lifted in a matter of a mere month or so. There is sufficient evidence that the self imposed bans are as, if not more effective than forced.

Somewhere out there in the left lane LR weeps.

I had every intention to stay away , but current events have brought me back here .

I am a team player and very concerned for all of us , i will put aside my own beliefs to help our membership . It is just that simple , i have emailed certain documents so members are informed .
    I also have been on the phone telling what is happening to me , not for sympathy put strictly to inform .

This is the best forum for what is going on in Maryland , but just as much as i am a dick we have a few more around in these parts .And i don't mean you . It is a general observation ...;):D:innocent0:cool:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    How much time does this additional appeal add to the acquisition of ones rights? My guess is 8 to 10 months. And I am guessing there will be a $ number added to the entire process of hoops and ladders as well , similar set back as the HQL.

Who the hell is MSRPA?
    Kidding but in all fairness I cannot recall having heard of them.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    How much time does this additional appeal add to the acquisition of ones rights? My guess is 8 to 10 months. And I am guessing there will be a $ number added to the entire process of hoops and ladders as well , similar set back as the HQL.

Who the hell is MSRPA?
    Kidding but in all fairness I cannot recall having heard of them.

I did not know they were a branch of the NRA which means advertising is missing and a message .
    We need some cheerleaders for MSRPA . Or maybe links attached to our profiles some of us can be educated . Are they an IP here ??

I went and looked them up , I will join for a year membership and in May do a lifetime membership once I check tis group out . I still don't understand the NRA tie-in or the State representation they provide .

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    MSRPA is a separate organization and partner of the NRA. We are the state affiliate under the Clubs & Associations charter. A detailed description may be found here: https://www.msrpa.org/about-us/.

I am the latest in the line of folks that have held the Lobbyist role in front of the Maryland General Assembly working to prevent the passage of infringing bills and attempting to get pro-2A legislation moved out of the committees where they typically die in the drawers of the Chairperson. We do have a subforum on these boards (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248), and I would welcome moving any MSRPA-specific conversations there in order to allow this thread to remain about the MSP Appeals.

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    It is a constant source of surprise to me that people don’t seem to understand that the MSP doesn’t create the laws - they enforce the laws. Of course Gov Hogan is aware of the Handgun laws being enforced. Do you seriously believe that he’s not getting mail and briefings about these things on a weekly basis? C’mon...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sort of .

MSP doesn't literally write * Statutes * .

However , MSP does get to randomly make up the Regulations and Processes to implement the Statutes . Even if regards subjects not in the Statute , or contradicts the express intention of a statute .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It is a constant source of surprise to me that people don’t seem to understand that the MSP doesn’t create the laws - they enforce the laws. Of course Gov Hogan is aware of the Handgun laws being enforced. Do you seriously believe that he’s not getting mail and briefings about these things on a weekly basis? C’mon...

MSP takes it on itself to interpret the laws to their satisfaction. They are given latitude to do so by anti-2A politicians like our AG. They enforce the rules that they promulgate, and the GA is not interested in reining them in.

A big part of the problem is the passing of ambiguous or blatantly unconstitutional laws. When Wrenn gave DC Shall-Issue, DC was going to challenge it but Frosh begged them not to do so, lest it backfire and bring shall-issue to MD. Until we have a solid majority in SCOTUS, lower courts will continue to ignore Heller. The Supremes are not willing to take a serious 2A case because the hazards of losing the case on a 5-4 are so serious; that sort of loss would probably write the end of our right to bear arms for a generation or more. In fact, I doubt it could be reversed.

Believe me when I say that the folks in charge, on both sides, are playing the long game, and at the stage this nation is in at present, I believe the fate of the nation, and the retention of personal liberty, is at stake.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

MSP by itself created the 1 shot requirement for the HQL when it did not even exist in the statute. They put it in COMAR.

Please don’t come here lecturing us on how fair and unbiased MSP is and that they “just enforce the statutes”

We know from first hand experience that that is a load of crap.

How many HPRB meetings have you attended?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Please attend some HPRB and listen to what the MSP are saying and the silliness of their argument .

These political troopers are selling what the State AG office is telling them and directing them to say .
    They are willing partners networking to come up with new ways to limit "anyone's" ability to CC and to CC 24/7 .

Make no mistake they are willing cohorts in this scheme .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Not sure I could do their bidding, my hat is off to those who can turn off their morals 8 hours a day.

Can one request to go right to OAH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom