• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    1. Anyone have one of these? The only issue i've read about is the break in period, but afterwards, almost all have run flawlessly...I'm thinking the extra cost difference of the SBE 3 is not worth it and the Super Vinci is probably better than the SBE 2 (although this also more expensive)

2. Also, does camo really matter for general "bird" hunting or does black suffice? For turkeys, I've read varying opinions on whether or not a black shotgun will draw too much attention if one is not behind a blind

3. Lastly, never bought a firearm off gun broker, but I would imagine at this point most transactions are smooth? Any quick run down on any issues purchasing through them? The prices are way below normal retailers and closeby LGS don't seem to carry Benellis.

Thanks in advance!

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I have done a Gunbroker deal-contact your FFL of choice--make sure its cool with them and how much$ for transfer---contact the seller--buy the gun- they ship to local FFL---mine was easy-peasy.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have done a Gunbroker deal-contact your FFL of choice--make sure its cool with them and how much$ for transfer---contact the seller--buy the gun- they ship to local FFL---mine was easy-peasy.

I agree with the above. I too have bought several firearms off GB and it is very easy. Just make sure you contact your FFL and check in with him/her before you bid on the firearm. It is a very painless process.

Cal68

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Couldn't answer personally to the GB question or the Super Vinci. But, if you think you want camo, get the camo. The black SBE2 I had rusted quickly. Just on the rib. I wanted camo, but I got the black super cheap. It not being camo gave me another reason to get rid of it. If you bird hunt ,camo kills them more.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I have killed hundreds of birds with a black SBE that I bought in 1997. Heck, there was a year I killed 150 doves, 100 geese, and lord knows how many ducks and crows with it. Best year every. I'd have to go back and look at records to figure it out, but guessing 1998 or 1999. Haven't been turkey hunting much with it, but have had hens and jakes come by me while using it. Had a group of 7 hens walk right by me in a fence row while duck hunting a pond. Only reason I am going to camo dip my gun is because the blueing is really worn on the barrel. My buddy has a SBE II that is camo'ed and he complains that the camo chips too easily. He says that if he had it to do over again, he would have gone black.

As far as the Super Vinci is concerned, another buddy of mine is using it and when my son is finally big enough to use a 12 gauge, I will let him use the SBE and buy a Super Vinci for myself. I just really like how easily it comes apart and that the recoil spring is right there on the side of the bolt and not inside the stock. Only issue I have ever had with my SBE is from dirt, unburned powder, crud, etc. getting down into the recoil tube and slowing up the action such that it would not cycle properly.

As far as gunbroker is concerned, I bought 10+ guns off of it back in 2013. Not sure if I have bought any more since then because I have been buying from South Carroll Sporting Goods, but it is possible. I know I keep looking at guns on gunbroker and would not hesitate to buy another from gunbroker.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    No issues with my recent transaction! All in all took 2 days from purchasing to ship to receive so I can't complain about timing - actually much faster than avg when comparing to not-in stock LGS transactions.

Went with non-camo as the different was >$200 (normally $100 for retail price) so I couldn't justify the 15-20% price diff

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    No comments on the Vinci but my SBE2 had low brass issues initially.

That being said if you made me sell all my guns the SBE2 would be the 2nd last to go. My dads service gun would be the last.......that should tell you how high i regard it.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Benelli makes fine shotguns. I liked my SBE2 a lot. I made the excuse that I was not as accurate with it as my 11-87. Plus, I wanted it in camo. I could have got it adjusted to fit better. But, I then fell in love with the Maxus.

Aklax11, you'll be very happy with it.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Benelli makes fine shotguns. I liked my SBE2 a lot. I made the excuse that I was not as accurate with it as my 11-87. Plus, I wanted it in camo. I could have got it adjusted to fit better. But, I then fell in love with the Maxus.

Aklax11, you'll be very happy with it.

yep just the ease of just taking it down is awesome. will take to pg county range soon

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    No issues with 8 shot after cleaning...didn't have to break it in with any heavier loads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom