• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Another right finger saved...

Weather permitting on the 1st, we'll see how it treats my steel-clanging performance. The down side of removing hair-splitting hardware issues from the recipe is that I'm forced to confront my own discipline as the real factor in such stuff!

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Weather permitting on the 1st, we'll see how it treats my steel-clanging performance. The down side of removing hair-splitting hardware issues from the recipe is that I'm forced to confront my own discipline as the real factor in such stuff!
    With the Scorpion ready after upgrades (I just put on a vertical foregrip to see if it helps with my injured left shoulder), I turned my attention to my CZ SP-01 Tactical and had the slide milled for a red dot. Sighted in nicely yesterday.
    5d61688434a914253727d26f1feb3121.jpg
    d63160becc695ac7dbc29d721f564b4d.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yup. This curse continues. Got one with a bigger front hole in it.

Attachments

• 679729B4-A095-4F6B-A9A7-F69FBE7EE2D1.jpg
      679729B4-A095-4F6B-A9A7-F69FBE7EE2D1.jpg
      94.4 KB · Views: 254

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yup. This curse continues. Got one with a bigger front hole in it.

Looks nice. Have you had a chance to take it to the range yet?

I regret passing the one at BBP up. I could have learned to live with that stretch or shift to get to the mag release. :D

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    With the Scorpion ready after upgrades (I just put on a vertical foregrip to see if it helps with my injured left shoulder), I turned my attention to my CZ SP-01 Tactical and had the slide milled for a red dot. Sighted in nicely yesterday.

Did you have to remove the rear sight to fit it on the SP-01 slide, or was that just how you wanted it?

owgriffin

May 15, 2012
    I just bought a CZ75 Shadow II. What an incredible piece of gear. It is better than my Walther PPQ Q5.

I moved to Tennessee where things are very different.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011

I regret passing the one at BBP up. I could have learned to live with that stretch or shift to get to the mag release. :D
    I think we have one more in stock. We got a few more recently. Can't remember if any still available.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Hasn’t been to the range yet. Sometime within the next week or so. But I’ve had it apart, fresh lube, got to know it. Can tell it will want a little breaking in, so just bought another pile of gold - uh, I mean .45acp - so ready to go. Soon, and will report. Transferring FFL was shocked I even found one.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Hasn’t been to the range yet. Sometime within the next week or so. But I’ve had it apart, fresh lube, got to know it. Can tell it will want a little breaking in, so just bought another pile of gold - uh, I mean .45acp - so ready to go. Soon, and will report. Transferring FFL was shocked I even found one.

CZs remain my favorite handgun, wait until you get into their rifles same great craftsmanship and performance.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    Killing me

This thread is killing me. I just got my HQL and have 2 Scorpions waiting for pickup. (One that I won and need to sell). Ive also shot the Shadow 2 and am in love. I was thinking about getting a p10c but honestly I may go with the Canik TP9sf combat elite. It felt really nice in my hands.

Now im back to "I need a shadow 2" based on this thread... and probably "need" the .45 too.

But if Im going to do that, then I might as well fill out my "need" for a compact with a p10c, right?

Anyone actually been killed by their wife yet? (Hope not lol)

Real Question - Do I sell one of my Scorpions or keep both?

Real Question #2 - For home defense, are you grabbing your p10c, Shadow 2, Scorpion, and/or shotgun? Currently I'm thinking shotgun and scorpion (with a 35rd)..so "maybe" I don't "NEED" a p10c? Still need the Shadow 2 just because.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This thread is killing me. I just got my HQL and have 2 Scorpions waiting for pickup. (One that I won and need to sell). Ive also shot the Shadow 2 and am in love. I was thinking about getting a p10c but honestly I may go with the Canik TP9sf combat elite. It felt really nice in my hands.

Now im back to "I need a shadow 2" based on this thread... and probably "need" the .45 too.

But if Im going to do that, then I might as well fill out my "need" for a compact with a p10c, right?

Anyone actually been killed by their wife yet? (Hope not lol)

Real Question - Do I sell one of my Scorpions or keep both?

Real Question #2 - For home defense, are you grabbing your p10c, Shadow 2, Scorpion, and/or shotgun? Currently I'm thinking shotgun and scorpion (with a 35rd)..so "maybe" I don't "NEED" a p10c? Still need the Shadow 2 just because.

Yeah, you got it bad. Sorry, no cure.

My wife hasn’t killed me yet, because she likes fine firearms as much as I do, and has her own CZ (her choice!).

Home defense? Kinda depends. Hard to go wrong with the shotgun, but I’ve got a can for my Scorpion Micro now, and like the ear-saving prospects of how that compact, versatile gun would do in close quarters with sub-sonic 147gr loads.

I pretty much reserve the Shadow 2 for match fun, so it’s in the match bag. Shoots like a dream, of course. But ... I think I’d rather use that .45 for SD when I don’t have to conceal. The 97B is a friendly .45 to shoot, but it is a big heavy handful.

Not to get mopey, but remember that if you ever have to defend yourself - and lets hope that’s never - during the lengthy legal proceedings you WILL lose the firearm you used, possibly for a very long time. That probably shouldn’t drive your choice of life saving tool, but it’s a consideration.

As for selling one of those Scorpions? If they’re redundant, and it’s a way to flesh out your collection in a more interesting way ... it’s a seller’s market right now for sure.

BMore

Feb 23, 2008
    High Rent District

Buy them all. And then type czcustom into google. Dan can order guns from czcustom too. :evilgrin3

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    Rabbit hole

Now Im finding myself choosing between the Tactical Sport Orange and the Shadow 2 SAO..

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom