• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quickdraw17

I'd rather be shooting...
    Jun 24, 2013
    I've used a whisker biscuit for years, I don't really see any detrimental effects. I have heard that they lower arrow velocity, but I don't shoot past 50 yards so it's never been a concern for me. It's like a lot of things...everyone has their own personal preference and experience.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I used to have a WB. It would rip the fletchings off my arrows so I switched to a drop away rest I got on Amazon(Allen Company Thin Air Fall Away Arrow Rest, Right Hand 34$). This is a cheaper version but it works very well for me. The thing I liked about the WB was that it held my arrow in place once nocked, but having to replace my practice arrows every year gets old.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    A WB is a great rest for most folks. As mentioned before, the speed lose is negligible, unless you are a speed freak and need to squeeze every FPS out of your arrow. For hunting it keeps your arrow contained and will not let it fall or move around. I have heard, from more than one person, that it messes with the fletching on their arrows. Me, I have NEVER had an issue with it ripping or tearing my fletchings (YMMV). If you are starting out, it is great, in that it is one less thing for a new shooter to worry about.

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    It's all I've ever used on my compound bows, but then I only shoot hunting distances - out to 40 yards in practice. I've never had significant problems using either vanes or feathers. However, by design or makes sense it would be more damaging to helical fetches than straight.

What I like best is that it's dead simple. If you get it to shoot well for you (which it doesn't in all applications; nothing in life is perfect for ALL applications), you'll never have to worry again about if it will function. I'm the guy who will inevitably forget to flip a lever or drop a tool or forget something when push comes to shove, so the simpler the better for me. YMMV

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom