View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:50 PM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobborg View Post
Trying to decide between these for a trunk gun.
I have both- here is my opinion:

MRO is much lighter and more compact, but with a similar field of view to the PRO. It's built to the same standards as the ACOG's and so is practically bombproof.

The PRO is much better in transitioning from low to high light situations...The MRO on setting 3 is great inside but if I transition to outside I can no longer see the reticle, and need to up it by 1 setting. When I come back inside I need to turn it down because it's too bright. This is just my personal experience and I am also colorblind, so YMMV. I've tried both the Green and Red dot MRO and had the same experience with each.

The PRO is visible between low and high light at almost all settings. My conclusion is that the dot on the PRO is superior by a pretty wide margin. PRO battery life is also about 3x better at comparable settings.

The MRO i bought for a light home defense build, so weight and size has taken priority.

Another thing to consider is the PRO comes with flip up dust covers, which will help keep everything clean while in the trunk.

If it were me I would choose the PRO for a trunk gun.

Last edited by SkiPatrolDude; October 9th, 2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
SkiPatrolDude is online now   Reply With Quote