• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Not my first rodeo on renewing my C&R License. Although we no longer seem to enjoy the C&R discounts and perks we once did from many suppliers, $30 to renew for three years is a pretty cheap way to exercise my 2A rights.

Having the ability to purchase a C&R eligible firearm from out of state and have it shipped directly to me at my license address remains very important to me. :thumbsup:

The only item on the renewal application that seemed different from previous versions is Item B on page 1: "Hours of Operation". I gave them a 4-hour window to call me any Monday morning if they want to. No biggie.

Whether you're submitting an original or renewal C&R application, triple check all your entries, sign where you need to and provide a method pay the $30. And, don't forget to send a copy of your forms to your local CLEO!

If you do not have a C&R License, you should!

:)

Attachments

• Hours Capture.jpg
      Hours Capture.jpg
      27.6 KB · Views: 447

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    No need for an 03 to list business hours as we are not "In The Business".

My renew arrived the other day too, but there's not a whole lot of C&R to be had these days.

Might have to do my part to help save a tree this time around.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Am I mistaken or should you have left that blank as you are not a business?

There have been several threads where this point has been discussed. As a C&R Licensee, no, you are not running a business. However, providing a time period when you could be contacted is requested by BATFE and inconsequential.

I will, again, contact Martinsburg tomorrow and provide an update on their input.

Y'all can choose to do what you'd like. That's up to you.

WESTMD

Member 2006
    Feb 19, 2006
    Far Far Away in W/MD
    3rd C&R renewal submitted 3/1/17, $30 bank withdrawal on 3/3/17, still waiting. I said they could call me 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM on Saturdays and marked all other days as Collector N/A. We will see...

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    1st renewal for me.... my 30 cleared the bank on 3-7-17.... in just under 3 years I picked up about 7 toys.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Even if you don't buy any C&R firearms, the dealer discount at Grafs alone is worth it. Even for you guys that have to pay shipping, you'll still save money.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Here's a tip on renewals. Call up the licensing division, ask them which agent handles renewals for your state. When you mail your forms in, put Attn: "agent's name" on the address line. This skips about a week or more of your forms sitting in the mail room being sorted into whatever pile they go in to head on up to the agents' inboxes. I did this for my address change and my renewal. Got both back in under 2 weeks as it goes straight to the correct person's desk.

Other renewal tip:

Don't renew, allow it to expire, then re-apply. Destroy prior bound book. End of paper trail.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom