• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    That's pathetic, the Prosecuting Attorney can't do their freaking job!

:sad20:

Maybe they're trying to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest? Does the appropriate prosecuting attorney know Conaway on a personal level? If they do, I'd say that's a perfect reason for an outside prosecutor.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Maybe they're trying to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest? Does the appropriate prosecuting attorney know Conaway on a personal level? If they do, I'd say that's a perfect reason for an outside prosecutor.

Not if Conaway is found guilty like everyone else charged with police testimony!

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    It would be an ironic twist of fate if he actually does get prosecuted for carrying without a permit being that he was the one who introduced the bill that made MD a May Issue state.

One can only hope for karma to hit him in the ass.

It would be akin to Robespierre getting guillotined.

Squaredout

The Widows Son
    Mar 25, 2010
    I have worked with the Clerk of the Court in a different jurisdiction ,,,and I would have to disagree with you about the threat level.

Please explain your post. Being the Clerk of the court makes people want to kill you why? There are correctional Officers that cant get permits because they don’t have directs attempts on there life. Police Officers that don’t have permits and they have locked up drug dealers and wanted persons. EMT and Fire Fighters that cant get them and they go into the most dangerous areas sometime even before the police get there. So this pen pusher gets one and sorry I can’t see why.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    This state will never acknowledge their blatant violations of the 2nd and 14th amendments. Too many libs and antis in state+local gov with sheep as constituents to ever overturn the current legislation.

It's sad that the only way we will be seeing CCW in MD is from action at the Federal level. Even then MD will fight tooth and nail to oppose it or make the average citizen jump through hoops to obtain a license while the current gov affiliates themselves carry

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Codrea's article makes great fodder for our agenda. I've started sending it out to Maryland Delegates, Senators, etc. This kind of stuff is hard to argue with, and even if it doesn't change anyone's mind, makes certain people look REAL stupid, and many others REAL uncomfortable......

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    So it's okay to chase an instigator with a handgun outside of your property lines?

Maybe that's the reaction he was trying to get out of Conaway. I doubt anyone here would say that what you proposed is okay, but I won't put words into anyone's mouth.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Maybe that's the reaction he was trying to get out of Conaway. I doubt anyone here would say that what you proposed is okay, but I won't put words into anyone's mouth.

If this is the fella who was the sponsor of the bill that made the law; then by all means, he should definitely know better!

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    If this is the fella who was the sponsor of the bill that made the law; then by all means, he should definitely know better!

But the law doesn't apply to him, remember? He's one of the elite who has a permit.

Oh wait, it expired. Darned technicality, blame it all on some hoodlum 'blogger who was harassing me.

I would love nothing more than for him to be found guilty of a carry violation. Even if it changes nothing in Maryland, the karmic value alone would be worth the likely legal fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom