• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Gotta have the comb far back enough to allow it. Can't say I blame the OP for wanting to switch, the PRS Gen1 is pretty damn heavy... nearly 10oz more than the LUTH-AR.

Kind of pointless, since your cheek is close enough to the action to require you lift your head to run the charging handle.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Kind of pointless, since your cheek is close enough to the action to require you lift your head to run the charging handle.

That's a good point. I have a 6.5 Grendel that shares a lower with an A2 stock. I am now building a dedicated lower for the 6.5 Grendel. I want to be able to adjust the stock so I have perfect alignment with the scope. So an adjustable butt stock is one option I am considering.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Looking at the You Tube vids looks like it will not interfere with the CM. This is for an A2 stock replacement, not for a collapsible carbine type, which is fine by me. I am building a new lower.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have both a Luth AR and a Magpul PRS. Both are great but the Magpul is certainly a little heavier. No problems with either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That's a good point. I have a 6.5 Grendel that shares a lower with an A2 stock. I am now building a dedicated lower for the 6.5 Grendel. I want to be able to adjust the stock so I have perfect alignment with the scope. So an adjustable butt stock is one option I am considering.

I have three scoped ARs. I have used all three in 3-gun competitions, shots from 5 yards to 500 yards. I have no problem with seeing out of any of the scopes, even quick shots. Just pointing that out :)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Already ordered it :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Initial install and use can be confusing, but it is actually relatively simple. I really like my UBR on the rifle. My main requirement for a stock was the rigidity of a fixed stock, with the telescoping capabilities of a carbine stock. I might pick up another UBR in the future for a rifle build, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet, due to losing the end plate, for my sling.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Initial install and use can be confusing, but it is actually relatively simple. I really like my UBR on the rifle. My main requirement for a stock was the rigidity of a fixed stock, with the telescoping capabilities of a carbine stock. I might pick up another UBR in the future for a rifle build, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet, due to losing the end plate, for my sling.

I installed my UBR today. I ended up getting a Geissele Super 42 braided wire buffer and spring combo. The spring is stiff but just as well since this is for a 6.5 Grendel upper.

Really like the stock!! This is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom