• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    :thumbsup:
    We have Gorsuch because of McConnell. And only because of McConnell. Because McConnell had the stones to monkey around with the Senate rules.

People should remember that. And stop buying into this Ryan-McConnell boogieman bull crap. There are 535 people in The Congress. Ryan and McConnell can't order them to vote in the affirmative on every bill submitted.

The reason nothing is getting done in the Senate is because McConnell can't wave a wand and magically produce another eight Republican Senators. Oops. Make that nine Republican Senators as of last night's goat f*cking.

:thumbsup:

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    it will get blocked by democrats. I think that there will be a show vote by some red state democrats but not enough to pass it. The irony is they claims "states rights" Yet see no issue with forcing other's perversions on people

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Would love to see the Republicans change the rules for this one too to make it a 51-vote passage. Would be worth it just to see the left go into full hysterical mode.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    We have Gorsuch because of McConnell. And only because of McConnell. Because McConnell had the stones to monkey around with the Senate rules.

People should remember that. And stop buying into this Ryan-McConnell boogieman bull crap. There are 535 people in The Congress. Ryan and McConnell can't order them to vote in the affirmative on every bill submitted.

The reason nothing is getting done in the Senate is because McConnell can't wave a wand and magically produce another eight Republican Senators. Oops. Make that nine Republican Senators as of last night's goat f*cking.

That sounds a bit like Obama asking what magic wand Trump was going to wave to accomplish his goals. I of course have no idea how entrenched some congress critters are in their views but the job of people like McConnell is to wrangle, persuade, cajole or arm twist people into line. It could be he's done all that anyone could, no way to tell, but a lot of us hoped for more. I just don't know how good he is at that job.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Now, that is enough truth out of you sir, for the rest of the year.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    After reading this again, I think there are some issues that could lead to trouble for people. It says permits will be recognized by other states, but what about the actual guns people carry. What I mean by this is looking at DC, you can have a permit to carry, but they also have a rule that any firearm that comes into the city has to be registered. So would that make anyone who wanted to carry in DC have to register their gun first? Any thoughts?

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    After reading this again, I think there are some issues that could lead to trouble for people. It says permits will be recognized by other states, but what about the actual guns people carry. What I mean by this is looking at DC, you can have a permit to carry, but they also have a rule that any firearm that comes into the city has to be registered. So would that make anyone who wanted to carry in DC have to register their gun first? Any thoughts?

No. The law explicitly states "Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof to the contrary...may possess or carry a concealed handgun." The law overrides state rules on possession.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I took that as any provision of not being able to carry, but not what you can carry. I don't see this interfereing with states rules on what guns are legal in the state or magazine capacity limits. Thanks for the info.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I took that as any provision of not being able to carry, but not what you can carry. I don't see this interfereing with states rules on what guns are legal in the state or magazine capacity limits. Thanks for the info.

The house bill preempts local and state laws on types of handguns and magazines. The senate bill doesn't. Honestly though, it's a moot point, as I don't see the Senate passing any form of this.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Senate vote will be close. Last time dems fillibustered, we had 58 to pass, need 60. Trump should just issue an obamaesque executive order allowing concealed carry in all 50 states, DC and possessions, no permits needed. Local liberal AG's won't prosecute thugs for handgun violations so why should some unfortunate criminal conviction free citizen be prosecuted? Libs hate these laws because their thug constituent and family members might be shot by law abiding citizens when the preferred criminal thugs rob and assault.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Senate vote will be close. Last time dems fillibustered, we had 58 to pass, need 60. Trump should just issue an obamaesque executive order allowing concealed carry in all 50 states, DC and possessions, no permits needed. Local liberal AG's won't prosecute thugs for handgun violations so why should some unfortunate criminal conviction free citizen be prosecuted? Libs hate these laws because their thug constituent and family members might be shot by law abiding citizens when the preferred criminal thugs rob and assault.

I agree.

It's time to stop playing fair.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Winner

100% agree

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck

You sir have won the internet for the day

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown

You sir are spot on!

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    What I find ironic ( and might make a bumper sticker out of) ..... Democrats can trust a welfare mom (with 5 kids by 5 baby daddies that lives in public housing, on food stamps and other public aid and makes no money of her own other than a cut of the dope her sling) with a vote more than a responsible private citizen with a gun. Now something is REALLY wrong with that picture.

whodisan

Apr 13, 2012
    Forestville, MD
    What I find ironic ( and might make a bumper sticker out of) ..... Democrats can trust a welfare mom (with 5 kids by 5 baby daddies that lives in public housing, on food stamps and other public aid and makes no money of her own other than a cut of the dope her sling) with a vote more than a responsible private citizen with a gun. Now something is REALLY wrong with that picture.

Oh Yes!! Don’t forget about those heroin junkies all over our Great State, from Garrett to Wicomico... Purge those losers from the voter rolls. We don’t need trailer park trash, opiate addicted fiends out wasting OUR tax dollars attending to their ‘addiction issues’ while our 2nd amendment rights are being ignored! damn junkies!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I had sent off to Sen Van Hollen telling him to support national CCW. This is his response back to me. Of course it follows the demorats party line and he wants to control the people. He says he supports 2A ya right!!!!!!::sarcasm::: of course he is nothing but a big joke and never tells the truth:liar: and he is always wanting jr demorats and anyone else he can get to kiss his a$$::kissass:

eTnYY5wFuEwZVDADXHwxly1Snl32w961iMm3UB1UpcOzzkAe7iFuxhDe9uSLYLfmSEdwU68xRZLJHVxzK1dlcOjgqSPNwfnEHCX_N5QBC3q6lvj6FeTqVXvCS9E8HrlXNg=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Mr. Burnett:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support of the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support and respect the rights of responsible adults to own guns under the second amendment. While I understand there is much confusion between states on gun laws and regulations, I believe it is not the federal government’s responsibility to dictate to states what licenses and permits shall be honored from other states. Every citizen has the right to exercise their Second Amendment rights but ultimately, states have the responsibility to enforce gun laws.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever I may be of service.

Sincerely,

Chris Van Hollen
    United States Senator

P.S. Please visit my website. While there, you can view press releases and statements, see what legislation I have sponsored or co-sponsored and receive information on the various constituent services provided by my office.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I had sent off to Sen Van Hollen telling him to support national CCW. This is his response back to me. Of course it follows the demorats party line and he wants to control the people. He says he supports 2A ya right!!!!!!::sarcasm::: of course he is nothing but a big joke and never tells the truth:liar: and he is always wanting jr demorats and anyone else he can get to kiss his a$$::kissass:

eTnYY5wFuEwZVDADXHwxly1Snl32w961iMm3UB1UpcOzzkAe7iFuxhDe9uSLYLfmSEdwU68xRZLJHVxzK1dlcOjgqSPNwfnEHCX_N5QBC3q6lvj6FeTqVXvCS9E8HrlXNg=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Mr. Burnett:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support of the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support and respect the rights of responsible adults to own guns under the second amendment. While I understand there is much confusion between states on gun laws and regulations, I believe it is not the federal government’s responsibility to dictate to states what licenses and permits shall be honored from other states. Every citizen has the right to exercise their Second Amendment rights but ultimately, states have the responsibility to enforce gun laws.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever I may be of service.

Sincerely,

Chris Van Hollen
    United States Senator

P.S. Please visit my website. While there, you can view press releases and statements, see what legislation I have sponsored or co-sponsored and receive information on the various constituent services provided by my office.

So, according to that statement he'd support the reversal of all federal gun laws and not support universal background checks? :lol2:

Cyndi59

What if other states took to the same..and not honor Maryland driver's license..so the bottom line is the U.S. Constitution is moot to Maryland..Guns and Roses should been "Welcome to Plantation"..Sheeple keep these idiots in office..What are they truly getting from them..??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom