• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Had a friend from Virginia go to this Cabela's on Saturday to buy his first AR-15. I only found out when he was there and the purchase had been made when he was waiting for the background check (and texted to complain about the wait). Apparently they were doing a ton of business that day, so much so that they asked people to come back on Sunday to pick up their firearms after Cabela's could finish all the NICS checks. I think this guy spent 4-5 hrs at the store waiting with many others. He also said a lot of the 223/5.56 ammo was sold out, and the firearms department there said that it was their busiest weekend ever.

I found this puzzling because Virginia, even with Democratic Party gains, doesn't seem to be fast tracking any significant new gun control legislation. In MD, we've been burdened with a broad semiautomatic rifle ban since 2013, but IP threads indicate renewed interest in AR availability. In the last few weeks, are people seeing an uptick in firearms sales in their area? I've noticed 223/5.56 ammo offerings seem to be thinning out, but there's obviously excellent production capacity for these loadings (in contrast to 22LR).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Had a friend from Virginia go to this Cabela's on Saturday to buy his first AR-15. I only found out when he was there and the purchase had been made when he was waiting for the background check (and texted to complain about the wait). Apparently they were doing a ton of business that day, so much so that they asked people to come back on Sunday to pick up their firearms after Cabela's could finish all the NICS checks. I think this guy spent 4-5 hrs at the store waiting with many others. He also said a lot of the 223/5.56 ammo was sold out, and the firearms department there said that it was their busiest weekend ever.

I found this puzzling because Virginia, even with Democratic Party gains, doesn't seem to be fast tracking any significant new gun control legislation. In MD, we've been burdened with a broad semiautomatic rifle ban since 2013, but IP threads indicate renewed interest in AR availability. In the last few weeks, are people seeing an uptick in firearms sales in their area? I've noticed 223/5.56 ammo offerings seem to be thinning out, but there's obviously excellent production capacity for these loadings (in contrast to 22LR).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I stopped by Worth-A-Shot in Millersville, MD on Saturday and they were pretty low on ARs. All they had left were LWRC DIs in 5.56 and 300 AAC. Typically they have plenty of Rugers, DD, etc. in stock. The gent helping me out confirmed that they were seeing a run on ARs. I assume people are concerned about what is going on at the federal level.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    On the opposite end of the scale, when I stopped in on Monday, Cabela’s in Christiana had a bunch of ARs in various calibers, lots of .223/5.56/.300, inexpensive .22, and plenty of uninfringed magazines.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    The last time I went I thar cabelas, the wait was so long, I canceled my order. I bought a rifle on their website and drove down to pick it up. It took almost two hours just to talk to a human being. After that it was “now go stand in this line for your NICS check. I talked to a couple guys who had been there most of the day. The rifle I bought was an impulse buy and the only reason I bought anything there was because I had a gift card and a.l coupon. I told them to keep their rifle. Spent my gift card and coupon on ammo instead. They need at least a dozen more people working the gun and NICS counters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom