• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Video looks like user error to me.

Both times you released the slide your entire hand and fingers stayed on the slide.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Video looks like user error to me.

Both times you released the slide your entire hand and fingers stayed on the slide.

I've had/have a lot pistols and none of them stall on a controlled slide release. Those include CZs, Sigs, Walthers, and the Glock before the mishap. So, if that was my first experience, I wouldn't have any issues with accepting it as-is. But, I know it didn't operate that way prior to my son's goof up. Something happened and just trying to figure out what.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It looks to me like you're not letting the spring do it's job so it's "stalling" and resting somewhere on the barrel lug/locking block engagement, where a bunch of mechanical things happen and need that spring power to get it in there.

I don't know if all your other guns were small with short recoil springs, I'm sure I could get my 43 do the same thing if I ride the slide home with my hand.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It looks to me like you're not letting the spring do it's job so it's "stalling" and resting somewhere on the barrel lug/locking block engagement, where a bunch of mechanical things happen and need that spring power to get it in there.

I don't know if all your other guns were small with short recoil springs, I'm sure I could get my 43 do the same thing if I ride the slide home with my hand.

Pretty sure all of my Glocks would do this.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    One on each side of slide and let gravity do the work, and one very small drop spread around on thinly on barrel.......where do the others go ?

1. Connector-Trigger bar interface
    2 One drop left slide rail groove
    3.One drop rightt slide rail groove
    4. One drop underside of slide above barrel-rub it in
    5. Barrel locking lugs.

I also put a very light coating on my barrel and barrel hood, although Glock doesn't mandate it.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Might be to late, but that initial coat of hard greeze, don't clean it. Work and fire gun with it in place. Glock's recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Troubleshooting Flowchart :

Does gun go Bang every time while actually shooting ? If so , no problems .

Does gun not go bang everytime while actually shooting ( brand name fmj ammol? If so avail yourself of nearest Glock Warranty Station.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    In the position its sticking it would seem to be the trigger bar where it meets the firing pin plunger. Maybe its canted off to the side and when you release the trigger a little it moves into place. Thats what I would look at. Operate the trigger with the slide off and check that. You can also look at the firing pin plunger and make sure that is not gouged and operates smoothly.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    is this part scratched, bent or gouged? as mentioned, also check the firing pin safety plunger

this would possibly indicate a bad interface and the source of the friction

Attachments

• glock.jpg
      glock.jpg
      30.3 KB · Views: 334
    • plunger.jpg
      plunger.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 290

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Does the trigger bar hump/bump travel directly over the firing pin safety or to the right side?

The trigger bar sort of looks like a shark fin. When the slide moves forward the pin rides over the fin shape depressing it into the slide body.

You notice how the pin has chamfered edges. People modify this pin by removing it and polishing off the sharp chamfer edges. Supposedly it improves trigger feel. I did this but I didn't notice and difference.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Pretty sure all of my Glocks would do this.

I tried every one of my Glocks and none of them did this. I walked the slide all the way and they all went into battery. There is a slight tight spot just about where the OP pistol fails, but I can't figure out what's causing it. A picture or two of the frame without the slide in place cold be worth a thousand words.

OP, post a few pictures. I have the same pistol, I can compare mine with the pictures you post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom